Gibson Brands Forums

Comparing the sound of my three guitars - Part 1

DanvillRob

Karen I think we should make our own comparisons, (live). Rob's bringing them all to to SANSJAM 2012 [drool]

Sounds like a fine plan!

Bob, that guitar sounds like it could take on any task, any song, and do it serious justice. Of course your playing has something to do with that too, but that guitar has captiving highs and meaningful lows. What more could you ask? eusa_clap.gif

Sounds like a fine plan!

Bob, that guitar sounds like it could take on any task, any song, and do it serious justice. Of course your playing has something to do with that too, but that guitar has captiving highs and meaningful lows. What more could you ask? eusa_clap.gif

Which guitar, Karen? I actually like them all. I also like my old Jubilee. It too, plays very well...but is simply overshadowed by the Dreads.

I have no illusion about my playing ability. I suck at lead, and became lazy over the years on my chord choices...and I tend to speed up, (a fatal flaw for a bass player).

But my open chords are powerful, and I have good palm-muting ability.l I take great pride in not having to use capos, but I do have some.

I can play most chords, and WILL play at the drop of a hat!

Next year at Fred's house, (SANSJAM), we'll play some good stuff together!

Karen I think we should make our own comparisons, (live). Rob's bringing them all to to SANSJAM 2012 [drool]

Fred, I'll bring 'em, but I ain't leaving 'em out for anyone to knock over or for anyone to pee on!

I think you should come over with Karen, (if they'll let her out of Canada). and we'll sit around playin' ALL the guitars!

OK....I promise not to pee on em. [rolleyes]

Fred, I'll bring 'em, but I ain't leaving 'em out for anyone to knock over or for anyone to pee on!

I think you should come over with Karen, (if they'll let her out of Canada). and we'll sit around playin' ALL the guitars!

Archived