Gibson Brands Forums

leg rest for LP

matmar

I'm wondering if someone knows of a leg rest for a LP. These are common in the classical guitar world and connect to side of the guitar, usually with suction cups and contact with the players leg to place the guitar in a comfortable position.

Try "Sissies'R'Us".

J/K

I have no idea what you're talking about- and I studied classical guitar for a couple years. Is your guitar uncomfortable in your lap or something? Unbalanced? Does it loom on the edge of your leg about to fall of? I know folks who play classical guitar place the guitar on their left leg (for right handed playing, obviously the opposite otherwise-) so maybe there's some benefit to having a stand? I don't know. I just can't imagine a need for a leg rest for an electric guitar.

You should check around in some stores that specialize in Daisy Rock and Hello Kitty guitars.

J/K (again)

Seriously though- could you please elborate on what need a leg rest fulfills here, both for an acoustic and especially for an electric? Thanks.

Try "Sissies'R'Us". .... You should check around in some stores that specialize in Daisy Rock and Hello Kitty guitars.

Only 18 days and 13 posts, but I can already tell you like to play the a$$hole. . <_<

Turn it down.

Here's what they look like -

21-KFZ-9DrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm wondering if someone knows of a leg rest for a LP. These are common in the classical guitar world and connect to side of the guitar, usually with suction cups and contact with the players leg to place the guitar in a comfortable position.

Haven't ever seen one used like that. Have you tried adapting the acoustic version to your LP?

Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions for you.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Please accept my apologies for the rather rude and crude comments above.

Seriously? Are we really that sensitive in here?

A little bit of ball-busting is how I show love. Sorry if I over-stepped the boundaries, I was just being sarcastic and it was all in good fun.

And I STILL don't have the slightest idea what purpose a leg rest would serve with a Les Paul. I understand it on something weird and unbalaanced like those Zakk Wylde Coffin-shaped guitars, but in my experience any Les Paul I've played, PARTICULARLY Gibson, have been very well-balanced. Actually, almost ALL of the Gibson's I've played have been PERFECTLY balanced.

Anyways, apologies if I've hurt anyone's feelings or bruised anyone's ego(s). I'll turn it down for y'all.

I see, you mean something like these? http://www.guitarest.com/leg_rest.htm#

Never seen them before, wouldn't mind something like that for my Hofner Shorty, may make it playable, other than wearing a velcro shirt and plastering the back with matching velcro. [blink]

Suction cups would deffo not attach a Les Paul, well 4 wouldn't. Maybe some sort of cradle for the guitar to mount on the base?

If it helps any, I use a small foot stool with my LP to raise my leg a little. I find it helps the LP - must be the body shape, I don't use it with the other guitars.

The stool is what I've always seen people use for acoustic playing.

I've never heard of a device specifically for an electric.

I find that playing my Les Paul sitting down can be uncomfortable and makes my right shoulder sore sometimes. So I will occasionally rest it on my left leg kinda like a classical player. So I can see why someone might want one of those type leg rests.

And just to make sure,,,,j/k stands for "just kidding" right? :-k

Try "Sissies'R'Us".

J/K

I have no idea what you're talking about- and I studied classical guitar for a couple years. Is your guitar uncomfortable in your lap or something? Unbalanced? Does it loom on the edge of your leg about to fall of? I know folks who play classical guitar place the guitar on their left leg (for right handed playing, obviously the opposite otherwise-) so maybe there's some benefit to having a stand? I don't know. I just can't imagine a need for a leg rest for an electric guitar.

You should check around in some stores that specialize in Daisy Rock and Hello Kitty guitars.

J/K (again)

Seriously though- could you please elborate on what need a leg rest fulfills here, both for an acoustic and especially for an electric? Thanks.

Dude. I would like to say two things to you:

1- I do not know where you are studing [thumbdn] but I´m sure you have no idea of playing classical guitar... It´s very common to use a leg rest, especially when you play classical or flamenco guitar:

http://www.musik-produktiv.es/guitarra-bajo/accesorios-17051/banquillo-para-el-pie.aspx

2- Your answer has been too rude for this forum. I´m used to kind questions and answers here and that is the reason I like it.. Internet is full of "trolls", you know..I can see that you are newbie so you have time to learn or maybe your should think if you should waste your time better sharing beach pics in facebook or something like that. [-X

Dude. I would like to say two things to you:

1- I do not know where you are studing [thumbdn] but I´m sure you have no idea of playing classical guitar... It´s very common to use a leg rest, especially when you play classical or flamenco guitar:

http://www.musik-produktiv.es/guitarra-bajo/accesorios-17051/banquillo-para-el-pie.aspx

2- Your answer has been too rude for this forum. I´m used to kind questions and answers here and that is the reason I like it.. Internet is full of "trolls", you know..I can see that you are newbie so you have time to learn or maybe your should think if you should waste your time better sharing beach pics in facebook or something like that. [-X

Dude. Here's my reply.

1- I studied classical guitar for two years in college. And when I say "studied" I mean I MAJORED in classical guitar. Alas, that was over a decade ago now. It's possible that I've seen someone using a leg rest in the past and it just didn't register in my chemically-modified mind. It's also very possible that I've never seen anyone use one. I may not be from "Spain" or had tutelage from "Segovia", but I can work my way through more than a few classical compositions. The reason I don't recall the use of leg rests may very well be due to the fact that when I was studying classical guitar I was too busy PLAYING and PRACTICING, not out and about shopping for accessories and bird-watching other students while they played and practiced.

2- Again, I apologize for my "snarky remarks". Amongst my social circle "ball-bustin" is a means of showing affection. I am not computer-literate, thus I don't have a full grasp on the etiquette here. I don't know what a "Troll" is or what "sharing beach pics in facebook" means, nor do I care. While everyone else was learning/creating "cool" internet jargon I was busy, again, playing my guitar. To repeat- apologies for any hurt feelings. Thanks y'all for making me aware that I was out of line.

And if you guys don't like me/my comments, it's gonna be okay. I probably won't be around much- I'll be busy playing my guitar.

I can see that you are newbie so you have time to learn or maybe your should think if you should waste your time better sharing beach pics in facebook or something like that. [-X

And I'm not going to bust your balls for this terrible grammar- I'm going to give you a pass because A.) You're from Spain, and if I was trying to post something in Spanish I would butcher that language WWAAAYYY worse than you've just butchered this one; and B.) You just look so DAMN happy in your lil picture, I'd hate to ruin your gaiety with more rude remarks and ball-busts.

You're Welcome.

Guest rogerb

I haven't had a lap in 20 years, strap works for me. You can also get a foot rest which many classical players use, this elevates your knee which raises the angle of the guitar in the same manner.

Archived