Gibson Brands Forums

Gasing over Aaron Lewis SJ

JuanCarlosVejar

Who is Aaron Lewis?...I know I could google it, but I want to hear from your perspective. Thanks!

Well Aaron is a singer/ songwriter from Massachussets . he is also the"frontman" for the Rock band "Staind"

he particularly rose to prominence in the mid 90's with other NU Metal acts such as Korn and Limp Bizkit

but he does solo acoustic show to and he has a CANNON in his voice . His songs are well crafted and his guitar playing

in very nice too . He likes to collect vintage instruments. Songs like "Outside" "zoe jane" "Epiphany" are fantastic .

he is very commited to the place where he lives , he hasn't let fame turn him into a zombie rock star . And his music is

very powerful . I think if you listen to songs like " Tangled Up In You" you will find yourself enjoying his music !!

He has a unique voice

Oh Hell Yeah!

Been listening to this song on the radio for several weeks....And dig it!

He is very much like my neighbors here in North Carolina.

I am bad about remembering new artists names....Sign of Allzihmers(sp) I guess! Oh yeah, what was my name??? RetroDick er...ahhh Rod.. Yeah thats it!!

Oh Hell Yeah!

I am bad about remembering new artists names....Sign of Allzihmers(sp) I guess! Oh yeah, what was my name??? RetroDick er...ahhh Rod.. Yeah thats it!!

lol :) glad you like him , he is the real deal , And I think that Aaaron Lewis is very sought after

Oh Hell Yeah!

lol :) glad you like him , he is the real deal , And I think that Aaaron Lewis SJ is very sought after

Sure wouldn't mind getting my hands on one, Aaron has a great voice and I definitely wore out my Staind "Break The Cycle" CD back in the day. One of my favorite CD's of all time. Being a big Hank Jr. fan it's great to see the direction Aaron has gone.

JCV, Epiphany is quite possibly my most played song of all time, glad to see someone else enjoyed it.

You can certainly get a lefty Aaron Lewis SJ - I enquired here in the UK & was told "yes, but it will be a custom order".

In the end I ordered a Wildwood "New Vintage" SJ, which should be with me in the next couple of weeks. The reason I went for this rather than the Aaron Lewis was that I wanted the True Vintage spec with full SJ bracing as the AL has Advanced Jumbo top bracing, plus I kinda like the batwing pick guard.

GibsonSJ.jpg

EuroAussie clearly loves his AL, so I'm sure you'd enjoy a lefty version. Here's a better video of Aaron playing his signature guitar.

I do recommend one ... not only being a great guitar its a babe magnet ...;-)

Jamalucka2.jpg

You let Mrs EA loose on the Gibsons? msp_thumbup.gif

Mrs PM likes to have the odd dabble too, but it's mostly hymns she can play remembering them from school... I have to detox them with a rendition of Sympathy for the devil afterwards msp_scared.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

Except thats not Mrs EA but the bar manager of one of the places we play in ..... I dont normally let Mrs EA see this picture .. :rolleyes:

You let Mrs EA loose on the Gibsons? msp_thumbup.gif

Mrs PM likes to have the odd dabble too, but it's mostly hymns she can play remembering them from school... I have to detox them with a rendition of Sympathy for the devil afterwards msp_scared.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

JV,Lefty has a very good reason for New Vintage choosing,these Wildwood special run guitars are outstanding,build wise but with very distinct features.As you are an owner of the TV 200(myself included) I would suggest that may spoil you in pursuit of other Gibsons,as TV's are so uniquely great.I started searching for a Gibson slope and realized I was hooked on TV features(finish,bracing,appointments ect) and other models that carried that tradition,such as Wildwood/Fullers/and Music Zoo runs.Finally accepted that I am now a True Vintage convert and went whole hog and bought a Legend J-45.Wow.Stay TV IMHO.

Jamalucka2.jpg

Have to learn this chord – seems to be enjoyable.

Lefty tells the Aaron L. SJ is top-braced like a Advanced Jumbo*. Aha !?!

Are you aware of this EuroA.. Could it be the reason you suddenly have a regular J-45 in the lens ?

*whatever that means -

Actually I had no idea what bracing it had, just knew I love the way it sounded and felt.

But Im not looking at a regular J-45, if I was going to add another Gibson to the stable it would almost certainly be a HB TV or J-200.

Have to learn this chord – seems to be enjoyable.

Lefty tells the Aaron L. SJ is top-braced like a Advanced Jumbo*. Aha !?!

Are you aware of this EuroA.. Could it be the reason you suddenly have a regular J-45 in the lens ?

*whatever that means -

Actually I had no idea what bracing it had, just knew I love the way it sounded and felt.

But Im not looking at a regular J-45, if I was going to add another Gibson to the stable it would almost certainly be a HB TV or J-200.

That's what I thought - then I saw your H-bird/45 thread.

:) Well I Love Epiphany If You Ever Wanted To Say "I Love You" to someone that the song you say it with ...

thanks to Lefty guy and the other members , I'll look in to the SJ TV

and in the event that I cannot decide we'll I might just have to save up for both XD

Personally and I think LEfty Guy will agree with me , as a Lefty when you hear a great righty that's all you have (as a reference) because you cannot just go in the store and play one. I saw the AL SJ trailer and that guitar SINGS !!!! .

so let's see where this takes us .

EA loved seeing your wife on the guit :)

Archived