Gibson Brands Forums

in my music room anything goes

ol fred

Oooh, im impressed how you were able to get all the boxes with quotes into like a russian doll thingie arrangement - very impressive.

Oh, with the other forum, like I said, $10 it will die a quick death.

Jerry - Your stirring the pot, but some folks don't like what you're serving. B)

It makes no sense to try and recruit members from the Gibson forum, and then get on the Gibson forum and upset its members. I'm sure everyone can see what I was trying to explain in my previous post. THIS is why I've got no desire to migrate to, or join that forum. I hope you have a good experience there and enjoy the members.

Jerry - Your stirring the pot, but some folks don't like what you're serving. B)

It makes no sense to try and recruit members from the Gibson forum, and then get on the Gibson forum and upset its members. I'm sure everyone can see what I was trying to explain in my previous post. THIS is why I've got no desire to migrate to, or join that forum. I hope you have a good experience there and enjoy the members.

BTW, it's not another resource when the members are posting on Gibson AND GAC - same guys, same info.

Wait a minute you just wrote a post calling everybody over on the other forum intolerant and accusatory - you forgot to mention "Gibson apologists" - and you accuse me of stirring the pot?

I have never tried to recruit members for any board, period.

You call me intolerant etc and then allege that I 'get on the Gibson forum and upset its members'. Come on, this us versus them stuff is really, really old. Get over it.

.... Not all, but some of those folks [at GAC] are intolerant of opinions about Gibson Corp or Gibson guitars that 100% in support of anything Gibson Corp produces or services. When some of those folks were over here, you couldn't discuss any issues concerning design, materials, build, hardware, finish, electronics, QC, marketing or warranty without them firing off all kinds of defensive and accusatory posts.

Wait a minute you just wrote a post calling everybody over on the other forum intolerant and accusatory - you forgot to mention "Gibson apologists" - and you accuse me of stirring the pot?

I have never tried to recruit members for any board, period.

You call me intolerant etc and then allege that I 'get on the Gibson forum and upset its members'. Come on, this us versus them stuff is really, really old. Get over it.

Maybe you should read my original post a bit more closely - quoted above. As you can see, those comments were not directed at everybody on that forum or you. . . . Two threads about GAC in one day seems like a recruiting effort to me, but I see you didn't start them.

BTW, "Gibson apologists" is a phrase used by OneWileyFool who unfortunately doesn't post here anymore. Would you know anything about that?

Sheesh!!

TWO threads dedicated to territorial rights.

In my music room anything goes!! signed and co-signed.

I'm gonna go join an accordion players board just to spice things up!!

Go look at the cats J-45 in the "New Horse" thread and let's talk about that. It's cool and worthy of some discussion.

Let's just start over, shall we? I like my Gibson acoustic guitar, do you like yours? Tell me how you feel. I won't get mad at you and start another forum. I'll respect you no matter what material your bridge pins are made of. Let's discuss our mutual likes and dislikes concerning Gibson acoustics. I love it when you agree and disagree. Hey, throw in some sarcasm too. Let's enjoy it!

I'm at work right now so shouldn't be here but just a quick comment. I'm not sure if that Montana Gibson forum has anything to do with Bozeman. I think it's just a new forum started up by a few folks who don't like me. I could be wrong but I don't think the Gibson folks in Bozeman had anything to do with it. This forum is the official Gibson forum, AFAIK.

For the record, I will not be migrating as I am not welcome over there. Furthermore, I like it here. Life is too short to be fighting. Why are people picking sides and loyalties? This isn't Gibson Survivor. It's supposed to be a place for all who love G guitars to come together to chat. It shouldn't be any more complicated than that.

That has got to be the biggest mystery I have ever read on this forum. I have honestly tried to think of a situation or a reason why this would be the case, but I really can't come up with any.

Not trying to egg a fight, but not to worry. I don't think any fight involving having to take sides with our GG would be a fight at all.

But, there are SOME members here that I like and I could see that others may not. I will still like them. But there are SOME members that if you dislike them, then I have no use for those that do.

It isn't more complicated than this: If GG ain't welcome, than they ain't welcome. Same with a few others, like EA, Milo, and some of the Aussie Mafia. Just good people there.

Wow -- I go on the road for ten days and come back to this?

I love my AJ and my B15 - I love hearing new music and finding new artistry -- I am grateful when folks here share their experiences and expertise, and I try to contribute where I think it might be helpful.

Very disheartening.

For the record, Gillian Girl is perfectly welcome to post on the Montana Gibson board. If there was ever an anti-GG movement I never got the memo. Scientists are still trying to determine why she thinks the raison d'être of that board has anything to do with her. The big reason for the other board is that it has a section which is nearly hundred percent Gibson content, another section for off-topic, and the distinction is enforced by the mods.

Wow! Some people watch the snake crawl past, and some go and grab it by the tail, and others go and dig the nest....

BluesKing777.

Whoa there, big boy. I ain't no "nest digger"... =;

Not to say, that I'm one to grab the tail either...!

I say "live and let live"....homeboy....!

I hesitate to justify this with a response, but I can clearly see why your nasty words may have been deleted. I am going to ignore them, and any future posts of yours, and go and play my guitar. I suggest you do the same, and take it somewhere else.

Archived