Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Forum Personal Messages

BluesKing777

I didn't know you could send and receive personal messages at our profile page, and have not looked at my profile much since joining, so I must apologise to a couple of people for not seeing and responding to their messages. Glad there wasn't a warning about the dangerous current from my L-00's high E string or something.

One message I missed was from from a forum member that has gone missing, possibly because of some of the heated posts in the past, but I don't really know that or why, and wish he would come back to the forum. (Perhaps he has gone to the new Gibson Forum mentioned in current threads??, or perhaps he unloaded the Gibsons on eBay and bought a couple of --gasp--Taylors).

Mentioned this in case other forum members are unaware of the (hidden) messaging.

BluesKing777.

I usually read the Forum and the news (and the odd ebay and guitar shop) on an Ipad (1) on a musikky stand thing next to my work computer screen. I can sign in to the Gibson Forum on said iPad but the Forum won't let me type a response - a box to type in comes up but no auto keypad to type with. It is probably a 'Flash' problem - anybody out there know?

I am currently doing heavy but moronic computer processing and without my iPad I just sit here staring at a 'busy' screen. I have to log in to the Gibson Forum on this work computer - allowed without excess - but I would like to sort out the iPad.

BluesKing777.

I usually read the Forum and the news (and the odd ebay and guitar shop) on an Ipad (1) on a musikky stand thing next to my work computer screen. I can sign in to the Gibson Forum on said iPad but the Forum won't let me type a response - a box to type in comes up but no auto keypad to type with. It is probably a 'Flash' problem - anybody out there know?

I am currently doing heavy but moronic computer processing and without my iPad I just sit here staring at a 'busy' screen. I have to log in to the Gibson Forum on this work computer - allowed without excess - but I would like to sort out the iPad.

BluesKing777.

I don't have an iPad, but I get a special version of the site on my iPhone which lets me post stuff.

If you get the normal version of the site the text input is javascript heavy. I don't know, but this may help:

"To enable JavaScript on your iPad:

* Tap Settings from the Home screen

* Select Safari from the Settings menu

* Touch the "JavaScript" toggle to turn on it."

I don't have an iPad, but I get a special version of the site on my iPhone which lets me post stuff.

If you get the normal version of the site the text input is javascript heavy. I don't know, but this may help:

"To enable JavaScript on your iPad:

* Tap Settings from the Home screen

* Select Safari from the Settings menu

* Touch the "JavaScript" toggle to turn on it."

Yes, I looked at this thanks. Unfortunately- Fortunately?? Javascript is already 'Enabled'.

I am fairly sure the problem is to do with Flash.

Thanks anyways

BluesKing777.

Archived