Gibson Brands Forums

ol freds video pick of the week

ol fred

Lord I LOVE both this song (been in my repertoire for years) and both the players. "Other Voices, Other Rooms" by Nani is SUCH an awesome album (er....cd, I'm showing my age!) What's really nice about it is all the artists/songs she covered on that one are folks who inspired ME to play and write, too.

Thanks for the refreshing video, Fred!!!! I may now go on a youtube voyage through that record.

Which will undoubtedly take me to listening to Townes about 2 hours from now when I find myself in a youtube coma. lol

[thumbup] [thumbup]

They switch things up from the album I mentioned...on the album Nanci takes the lead vocal with John joining in on the chorus. BOTH are just fantastic!!!

btw...it's "soothes the savage breast"

I'm just sayin'...lol

Either way, it SOOTHES!!!!

Oh! So weird that you posted that as I was working on that song this week! Such a great great song. Hmmm, where's my songbook......

Ditto that! At open mic tonight, I did "Christmas in Prison," and then a guy at a table goes "Can you do that one about the sound of loneliness?" So, I managed (though it'd been a while). Not but a couple of dern hours ago.

I dunno--sometimes a song just make it known that it's time for another coupla turns 'round the room.

So cool. [smile]

Thanks all, nice to know we share the same musical tastes. John's way up at the top on my idol list and Nanci....what a voice.

Wish I had the talent John has in his left pinky. Christmas in Prison is also one of my favorites, always evokes images of my in-laws [laugh]

Archived