Gibson Brands Forums

What are your favorite acoustic songs to play?

Digory

Yep, "Someday Soon" - the old version with Sylvia Fricker is a classic. Good one !

I actually prefer the Judy Collins version. Great country Stratocaster simple solo in it. Anyone have a good tab for any of the versions?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...mainly because I wanted to broaden my knowledge a bit and listen to some cool acoustic stuff that I hadnt heard or played before." Ah, well in that case...

Here's a 'civilian' version of Great Dream

slowed down so you can follow it. Jsut try to imagine it with a little more lilt to it.

And here's Peter Keane's cover of Stiff Jam's Talco Girl (very similar)

Now that's some acoustic pickin!

My favourites this month:

Song for a Winter's Night - Gordon Lightfoot (written during a thunderstorm in Cleveland...)

Rolling in the Deep - Adele (yes, not originally acoustic, but to me it screams for palm mute and stompboard)

and my own travis arrangement of Long Black Veil (someday I'll get the nerve to record it and post)

I actually prefer the Judy Collins version. Great country Stratocaster simple solo in it. Anyone have a good tab for any of the versions?

I don't have any tabs. I just do this kind of weird intermittent travis pick thing for that song [biggrin] I am one of the minute minority who does not like Judy Collins' voice. It is just too high for me, hurts my ears. I know, I'm weird.

Archived