Gibson Brands Forums

New Pedal From EHX

Tman5293

I was really dissappointed when I saw the demo. The "sitar" sounds are horrible IMO but the "drones" are pretty sweet.

The "sitar" sounds aren't very sitar-ish at all. It sounds just like this horrible cheesey effect on this crappy 80s multifx rack unit I have.

Edit: maybe that was a little harsh.. The sitar sounds aren't that bad and I really like the "dry guitar with sympathetic" thing. Still wouldn't buy one though.

I don't think it sounds like a sitar either. Makes me think more of a Moog. If you blindfolded me and told me it was a new Moog orchestration pedal for guitar I would believe you.

At least it has drones so you can do full on Indian muzak.

I don't think its worth it getting a pedal like this unless you REALLY need it. You can get sitar tones outta flangers, but I don't think its worth getting a flanger ( or phaser, for that matter ) unless you need one, or are a shredder and want that over the top lead tone ( overkill with my playing! Not so for Dave Murray. ), are a funkateer and need some phasing, or ya wanna be just like Eddie ( which is why I bought a flanger. found out it didn't fit for anything I do ). The AF-2 gets nice metallic sounds, but most of the sounds in that box I would never use, except for the chorus tones ( but I already have a chorus! ). Hell, even Gilbert uses it like that. The sitar pedal would probably be one of those wierd pedals that doesn't fit in ( like the POG, Boss Super Feedbacker, Boss Slicer, ring modulators, synth pedals, and even some flangers ). I prefer six pedals: wah-tuner-dirt box -dirt box -chorus-delay. That setup works for everything and lets ME make the music ( they color the tone not make the music and affect my playing ). I should be able to play everything with all the pedals. The flanger just took over too much and I couldn't adapt it to my songs. I could only play certain things with it. The takeoff mode is cool in all but its Paul Gilbert's trick and I don't want to take it away from him. I respect him too much.

Archived