Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Car Start Up/Engine Rev Sound

Tman5293

I'd have to go with the Merlin V12 Powered 55 Chevy. Supercharged Merlins sound so cool. And, at 3000HP, there's not much competition on the streets.

He fires it up around the 1:50 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIj2GVfua84&feature=player_detailpage#t=113s

That car will never be on the street. I get you though. I down with any v8 with a radical cam, headers, and anything but Flowmasters.

Any Ferrari engine from start up to screaming redline can raise my goosebumps.Even the darling little V-6 shared by the 246 Dino and Lancia Stratos had a banshee like scream when pushed to crankshaft melting limits.OF all classic cars the V-12 and V-16 Packard engines from the 34-36 dual cowl Phaetons were just captivating with their low pitched bass rumble.

My buddy and next door neighbour had a '69 Charger RT ,Burgundy with a cream vinyl roof and a 426 Hemi you could here that beast coming a block away-he got her up to 150 MPH one day and could've gone faster as there was a lot of pedal left but he didn't trust the tires.

For many years I owned a 1954 Ford F-100 (pickup truck), powered by a 427 Vette engine, it had 12 inch glasspacks and chromed exhaust stacks behind the cab. You could drive down the road and see other drivers block away turning around to see what was making that noise.....

Archived