Gibson Brands Forums

Testing the new mic (New Jam attempt)

DAS44

Nothing serious, just messing around (quite sloppily) to try out the new mic (Senneiser e609 Silver Dynamic Mic). Only had time to do one, sounds massively better than the webcam mic I was using before.

Link

Please don't judge the playing, I'm exhausted right now, very busy day.

nice tone Dom [thumbup]

How far was the mic from the speaker?

Matt

It was right on the lower left of the amp, any pointers? Seemed to be a bit too close for my ear after further examination.

It was right on the lower left of the amp, any pointers? Seemed to be a bit too close for my ear after further examination.

I am a trial and error man always with recording... and it does depend on what you wanted it to sound like - and then; did it sound like what you intended?

With a composition , nothing is more annoying than say writing a piece that is meant to sound inconclusive (and 'on edge' ) and then playing it to someone only to have them listen with a pained expression and say "it sounded a bit inconclusive" LMAO

Your recording sounded like it was of a live performance [thumbup], is that what you wanted? I get a live performance recording if the mic is more horizontal and about a foot a way from the speaker. If it is angled and nearer the speaker it sounds more like a studio recording to me. Like I say i am a trail and error man with recording and certainly no expert! I just know what i like!

Matt

I'll test those out Matt! It was vertical touching the mesh for that, I think it could have sounded smoother (should fiddle with the volume knobs a bit more), but the live feel is definitely a good thing.

Guest farnsbarns

I tried this one with the mic a bit further away, I think the sound is a lot smoother (as is the playing)

I hope someone enjoys it :)

Still Got The Blues Jam

Nice, reminds me of the theme tune to an 80s detective drama we had called Bergerac.

Archived