Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Studio Faded

cjmwrx

The last few trips to GC I've pulled one of these down off the wall for a strum. And every time I found myself with a huge **** eating grin after said strum. So last night I pulled the trigger and bought one. Sounds amazing through my Mesa.

P8062243.jpg

BB Pro Version. Was built 12/2010. Really sounds hot and full. I had a 94 SG with 490/498, the LP sounds MUCH fuller. I prefer the Bustbuckers, and they match most of the music I play.

When I first pulled it down off the wall, the frets were HORRIBLE. The fretboard was bone dry. Had the tech at GC do a quick clean up. It played nice enough for me to know once I got home and did a proper fretboard job on it, it would play nice. It really does. Spent a few hours last night being meticulous. Gave it a nice setup with .012 and .015 clearance. Really plays soo smooth. Play .11-.49. And now I FINALLY have a Gibson truss rod wrench!

For whatever reason, I always avoided LPs. Maybe cause everyone had one, kinda like a strat. I understand why now. What a fantastic instrument.

Archived