Gibson Brands Forums

I got a cat.

Twiz

My girlfriend and I adopted a cat from a shelter. I've decided to name her Thin Lizzy because she's so small, and I love that band. Plus if she gets fat, that's funny.

So far I've figured out she likes catnip, and Black Sabbath Vol. 4.

39_100dpi.jpg

Hey Twiz,we have a cat with the same markings,all black with a little white flash on his chest,we call him Snowball and he weighs in at 18 lbs-he's a big boy.All together we have 4 cats and a German Sheoherd,the dog has adopted one of the cats as her "pup" and the two of them are inseparable,so much so that they groom each other.

My wife and I had a small black cat that adopted us when we first got married. We named it Diez (10 in spanish) because that's what the real estate agent said a cat cost when you wanted to sell your home. She said that when people walked into a house and smelled the cat box that you just gave away 10 thousand dollars because on average a cat box instantly turns any home into a fixer upper in the average buyers mind.

Don't know if that's true or not and we didn't care at the time we were broke and renting still but it gave us the idea for a name for the cat!.

We adopted two a few years back. The shelter had a buy one get one policy so we named the free one Bogo. Two exact opposites. One is on a constant mission to eat and is very noisy, the other one, Luna, could care less if you dropped a can of tuna in front of it and can barely make a sound.

Luna......the lacerator.

Luna-1.jpg

Rocky4 that's a great photo.

Thanks for the stories guys. I'm stoked to see that so many people favor getting pets from shelters. I got my dog from a kill shelter as well. There are a lot of homeless animals out there that could use some love. [thumbup]

I prefer cats to dogs... some advantages and disadvantages to both. Given the lifestyle of my adult lives - 3 of them more or less - cats make a lot more sense since they need far less care and they keep down rodent and insect populations.

As for shelter animals. Yup.

m

We adopted two a few years back. The shelter had a buy one get one policy so we named the free one Bogo. Two exact opposites. One is on a constant mission to eat and is very noisy, the other one, Luna, could care less if you dropped a can of tuna in front of it and can barely make a sound.

Luna......the lacerator.

Luna-1.jpg

This pic should win an award. Superb shot.

Luna......the lacerator.

that pic makes me want a cat. even though Im allergic to them [crying]

Archived