Gibson Brands Forums

Riots in England

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest farnsbarns

After an incedent in which police shot a youth who it seems deserved it by shooting at them first there have been 2 separate riots. One in Tottenham and one in Enfield.

It seems to me that these rioters are simply thugs who are revelling in the opportunity to throw bricks at police and loot shops.

What is our future when youths claiming to be protesting police brutality throw bricks and loot shops. In my mind it simply kills all credibility in the message the purport to be bringing.

It's a sad day.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest farnsbarns

Sky news reported 23 injured police officers in Tottenham. Not heard any figures for Enfield. No matter, it's just aweful behavior. Peaceful protest is acceptable what ever your view on the matter being protested. Mindless violence is simply thuggery in the name of protest.

At least your goverment isnt dying. :D

Those thugs should be.

The police here are lame. Where was the tear gas or water cannons? They just stood there sh***ing their pants.

I'm disgusted with the powers that be here. They're politically correct to enth degree.

The news this morning showed the rabble using shopping trollies to push the stolen goods home. Yet no one stopped them.

They should have been shot. No use to society at all.

Very SAD, indeed! We've had our incidents, here, too. The L.A. Riots (both of them), Chicago,

Detroit, etc., etc. Instigators, count on "mob mentality," to move their agendas (not necessarily,

the actual protestor's agenda...in fact, quite often, just the opposite). It happens, larger scale,

all over the world, at times. Disgusting, and sad, for sure...but, not unusual, unfortuantely.

And, I fear, we'll be seeing more of this, not less...as things (world wide) continue to disintegrate. [crying][thumbdn]](*,)

CB

The worst thing about "peaceful protests" is that they attract an anarchistic part of society whose prime objective is to derail these protests and turn them into violent free-for-alls.Even though the organizers may have the most noble of intentions they leave themselves wide open to the attacks of these hooligans and unfortunately there's no way to screen them out or for the police to be able to differentiate between the peaceful protester and those intent on causing trouble so consequently all all susceptable to police action.

From news reports that I've heard the police were somewhat slow off the mark to quell the violence and it had progressed too far to stop it by the time that they took action and consequently a lot of innocent people got lumped in with the troublemakers and got hurt in the process.

Very SAD, indeed! We've had our incidents, here, too. The L.A. Riots (both of them), Chicago,

Detroit, etc., etc. Instigators, count on "mob mentality," to move their agendas (not necessarily,

the actual protestor's agenda...in fact, quite often, just the opposite). It happens, larger scale,

all over the world, at times. Disgusting, and sad, for sure...but, not unusual, unfortuantely.

And, I fear, we'll be seeing more of this, not less...as things (world wide) continue to disintegrate. [crying][thumbdn]](*,)

CB

Both? There have been a lot more then two riots in LA....I think we will see more of this kind of thing.

Both? There have been a lot more then two riots in LA....I think we will see more of this kind of thing.

Well, I was thinking only of the Watts, and Rodney King Riots...in LA. But, at any rate, I too, am afraid we're in for a lot of this

sort of thing, in times to come.

CB

There are many aspects to this kind of abhorrent behaviour

The UK is one of the more tolerant societies in the world

There are deprived areas where people seem to have lost hope and from an early age develop negative attitudes to authority etc

Low education aspiration and achievement, false values gleaned from cheap macho television and peer groups

As said...peaceful protests can be hijacked by criminal anarchists...uncovering the cesspit of nil morality at the bottom rung of society

The media...newspapers etc carry some blame for their usual hype and hysterical negative reporting(the end of the world etc)

To be countered by the general public concern that we are too soft on criminals...they seem to have more 'rights' than their victims

These riots will cost the taxpayer a huge amount...including a warehouse probably burnt out and needing to be demolished

As well as policing costs and all attendant legal fees etc......

V

:-({|=

In some of the rougher areas of London the police are disliked and even hated, this is obviously only in certain areas - I am pleased to say though, that the general feeling from the civilised members of society is appreciation for what they do. [thumbup]

What is a bit shocking with this is that I hadn't viewed Tottenham as a bad area ? [confused] Violent crime i.e gun and knife crime, is relatively low, when you consider our large population in relation to a very small sized country.

Matt

In some of the rougher areas of London the police are disliked and even hated, this is obviously only in certain areas - I am pleased to say though, that the general feeling from the civilised members of society is appreciation for what they do. [thumbup]

What is a bit shocking with this is that I hadn't viewed Tottenham as a bad area ? [confused] Violent crime i.e gun and knife crime, is relatively low, when you consider our large population in relation to a very small sized country.

Matt

mare street is on lockdown as i type...wtf is going on!

This is ridiculous, send in SO19 (coppers with guns for our American friends).

wasn't it coppers with guns that started it all? :unsure:

i get what you mean though, i'm on the isle of dogs and all i can hear are police sirens outside #-o

Guest farnsbarns

You can hardly blame technology for it. Liberal society has always been a double edged sword. Moral decline is just part of it. The more free societies become the more atrocious behavior we see from the least morally driven individuals. I'm afraid it's a necessary evil for our continued development. Only a harsh and oppressive regime would reverse it. And I for one don't want that.

You can hardly blame technology for it. Liberal society has always been a double edged sword. Moral decline is just part of it. The more free societies become the more atrocious behavior we see from the least morally driven individuals. I'm afraid it's a necessary evil for our continued development. Only a harsh and oppressive regime would reverse it. And I for one don't want that.

I agree. You can't blame the technology for this problem, it's some kind of result of whatever is going on in Britain. I was just noting how a new technology can be wonderful like this forum or not so wonderful like how these thugs use it. It is testing us to see if we are worthy of it.

Archived