Gibson Brands Forums

New Led Zeppelin Album

daveinspain

I wonder if there is any chance of a new Led Zeppelin album... I know Bonham is no longer with us but Zeppelin has played live with his son Jason and he does a pretty good job. Most of the writing was done by Jimmy Page and Robert Plant anyway. Maybe if we made enough noise we could at least provoke interest.... Just sayin'....

time for them old boys to hang up their instruments, they wouldn't be able to compete agains't the bands around today like "bullet for my valentine" or "black veil brides"...

Yeah that must be it ([lol])

I respect them for not getting back together despite all the pressure all these years to reform and record again - (with the exception of the one off gig a couple of years back and a couple of charity events) -like I said I love the way Robert especially, is always looking ahead - and not trying to live in the past. By the way Robert Plant and Alison Krauss was one of my favourite gigs I have been too [cool]

Matt

I wasn't thinking a new album full on 70's rock and tour... I was hoping to hear more Page and Plant acoustic stuff... Although I would love to hear a great new Zeppelin rocker as well....

Do you mean like their Page and Plant stuff they did in the late 90's Dave?

Man, that's one deceitful thread title [glare]. To be honest, I don't think we're going to see another Led Zeppelin reunion apart from the one in 2007. Jason Bonham has his own band AFAIK, and probably wouldn't want to be some sort of puppet playing his father's part. Everyone except Page seem to be occupied with projects quite regularly, it's just too bad Page isn't doing much nowadays, although his new website sparked a small glimmer of hope for what's to come...

I saw a documentary about the musical life of Robert Plant recently and he made it pretty clear that it would never happen, apparently his musical style has moved on and he's not interested in going backwards as he termed it. Disappointing but there it is.

It would have been great to see Jimmy Page with the Les Paul again. I was lucky enough to see Zeppelin play live many years ago before John Bonham death so have that memory to hold on to.

I beg to differ, Plant's voice is still incredible and Page is still a better guitarist than most out there. The only question would be the drummer, as Jason Bonham is touring every 6 months with Black Country Communion.

Not to mention I think if Led got back together, the world would go crazy on their return to buy tickets, outselling all those bands who are now at the top. A new album for me though would be a disappointment, because the expectation is their ability to top previous albums, which of course would never happen.

Jimmy Page had a few good instrumentals to add to the 'It Might Get Loud' score though. I believe they were called 'Embryo I', 'Embryo II' etc. And don't forget, even the musicians themselves would all kill to see Zeppelin. Jack White and The Edge's eyes lit up like school kids when they saw Page playing 'Whole Lotta Love'.

Plant seems to have closed the doors on the whole Zep trip for good. Sure it would be nice to see him collab with JP at least one more time,

but as time passes it doesn't look very likely that will happen.

They're both in totally different musical worlds right now.

Imo Led Zeppelin should remain a historical rock and roll legacy. Without Bonzo, NO Zeppelin.

Not sure how I'd feel that, I've seen Jason Bonham live (Black Country Communion), and he'd of course be a nice fill. That being said I'm leaning towards letting it be history.

If it happens, I'll give it a listen!

I think if Zep did it again, it would not only be huge, but it would be great.

I have never seen them, but from seeing the footage of the 2007 concert, I think it proves that they still have what it takes.

At the time of the reunion concert, I read from Page's interview that it was only Plant that did not want to do a tour. There may be a little tension there as Page called him selfish, but I don't want to start a rumor because I have not read or heard of any tension.

Just an opinion/guess, but I think the reason Plant does NOT want to do it is fear of not being able to live up to the legend. The legend that has become ZEP is not overblown, but it is a legend that would require a lot of living up to that they would have to actually put effort into if they were to do it.

Musically and performance wise, I think the weak link would actually be Page. Plant and Jones have kept up their chops, but through the years Page has had to work at times to even be good. To be on the level of ZEP, I think even when they were it was a struggle for Page to do good or not so good, and to be honest, there have been times sinse when he just sucked. That, and the fact that a lot rides on him and his role. If he does not do so good, there is no way for the band to carry him. But if he does step up performance wise, then you have it. That might have a bearing on Plant's decision.

But, for they ones that think they could NOT equal what they were should they do it, I have to disagree. They ARE the ones that did it in the first place, and musicians that keep at it only get better.

I have to agree with Page's comment on being selfish. Plant has it good and has a good legacy, and he might not have a need or enough to gain personally, but I think when you have a God given talent and ability and a audience that wants it, there should be some responsibility there to do with that talent and opportunity.

There will never be another Bonzo, just like there will never be another Hendrix. Zep is one of my favorite bands, and Im still convinced that Jimmy Page lives with God, sitting on a throne with a drink in one hand and his Les Paul in the other, but I DON'T want Zep to reunite. They wouldn't live up to their past. Jason is great in all ( one of the greatest drummers around today IMHO ), but he aint his Dad. If Plant wants to stick to his soft folk music then let him. But what Id like to see is Jimmy and John Paul Jones do a project. With Dave Grohl on drums and maybe Chris Cornell or Jeff Keith from Tesla on vocals? What a band!

Plant made it well known after the Ahmet Ertegun tribute show there was no intention of him joining up with Page and John Paul with anyone on the drums under the name of Led Zeppelin. The only reason they did it in 2007 was for Ertegun and no other reason. I personally think its a little selfish for him to say no, but whatever its there band and there choice. As far as I remember he is too busy with his solo work to get back on the bandwagon even though it would probably net him more profit in a year then his solo projects will over 5 years.

Two thumbs and another appendage up for "It might get loud" my favorite Rockumentary!

i don't get what people see in jimmy page? my 7 yr old son can play better than him... #-o

That's 100% pure troll right there.

Brings up the question. If Jason can fill in for drums for his dad....

I think just for morality sake, no kid should be encouraged to troll until they reach a certain age.

i'll let you know in a few yrs...

If he can, get him a singer that can scream high and growl low and the kid will be famous!

Edit: I saw some video clips of the 02 Arena performance and I thought it was GREAT Jason beat the heck outta them drums very well I think his dad would be proud of him.

Archived