Gibson Brands Forums

Favourite Chord

albertjohn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm partial to A and E' date=' and E7 on the 4th and 5th frets with the open E & A strings providing a base. I think I read somewhere someone asked Woody Guthrie what chords he liked to play in and he said something like he only liked Greasy G and Easy D. [/quote']

Try X02200 (A9) and move up the neck keeping the A string as the root e.g X24400 which would be a B something. Works for most positions. Dave Grohl favourite ( I've mentioned him again - sorry - I think he's great!)

Best of You - Foo Fighters opening chords =

C#? X46600,

then A9 X02200

BTW thanks for all your responses. I think this is my first half century in terms of replies.

Hey Albert... I play Best of You with 042400, then 002400 (No guitar in front of me, so am hoping that's what i play!)... nonetheless, sweet sounding chords. the 024400 / 046600 is beautiful, as are the barre derivatives like 577600 / 799800 (not sure of the names, apologies...).. love 'em!

Am loving this thread for the inspiration it is providing, thanks!

Hey Albert... I play Best of You with 042400' date=' then 002400 (No guitar in front of me, so am hoping that's what i play!)... nonetheless, sweet sounding chords. the 024400 / 046600 is beautiful, as are the barre derivatives like 577600 / 799800 (not sure of the names, apologies...).. love 'em!

Am loving this thread for the inspiration it is providing, thanks!

[/quote']

Hi Austin, thanks for joining in.

I like the sound of yours and will try them out as soon as I have a guitar in my hand. My versions are by ear so could be way out. It's funny how 2 people can hear the same song and pick out different chords etc. I do it all the time with my teacher when we're working stuff out.

Archived