Gibson Brands Forums

Valve Junior mods

lpguy

Hi, I just bought a Valve Junior head with the intent to mod it. It`s really not bad out of the box but I just like to tinker. [smile]

I`ve found the (factory) schematics and some mods that shape the tone by altering some resistor and capacitor values, but what I would really like to do is

to add a gain pot and one for the tone.

(I know about the bitmo kits, but I`d rather get the parts from my local electronics store)

Could someone here point me in the right direction? Any help is appreciated, THX.

Hi, I just bought a Valve Junior head with the intent to mod it. It`s really not bad out of the box but I just like to tinker. [smile]

I`ve found the (factory) schematics and some mods that shape the tone by altering some resistor and capacitor values, but what I would really like to do is

to add a gain pot and one for the tone.

(I know about the bitmo kits, but I`d rather get the parts from my local electronics store)

Could someone here point me in the right direction? Any help is appreciated, THX.

I'd suggest heading to sewatt.com, registering, and have your mind spun by the wealth of VJr modding info there ..... I think everything that could be done to this lil amp has been done, and you should find what you're looking for there. It's overwhelming, to some degree....great site for all amp modding, but....the Epi was a big fave there for a while - easy to mod, easy to work on, and a simple single ended amp. I love my VJrs :)

Archived