Gibson Brands Forums

An acoustic simulator

Not-Too-Late

I'm hoping that I have come across something here that would put a smile on my wife's face . . . an acoustic simulator. I talked her out of an acoustic in favor of an electric, so I'm hoping that this little device will make her happy. I actually like the sound it generates. If I do eventually get one, I hope she will let me use it [smile] .

What do you think of these?

The LP Ultra IIIs are coming soon, when they appear I expect they'll be holding run-outs on Ultra IIs, they can produce a very good acoustic simulation with their NanoMag pup, perhaps you could get one for your wife and you take over the LP 100.

Just run a search for Ultra and you'll find plenty of info about them around here.

That's one of the better simulators that I've heard,it has a good acoustic sound right across the tonal range.The acoustic simulators in Vox Valvetronix amps and Vox Tonelab footpedals are great too.

Since that's a Boss brand, I'd guess that it's similar circuitry as in the acoustic model featured on Roland Cube amps, which is actually pretty darn cool. Quite acoustic sounding, especially with a Strat. Works well with my Markley sound hole pickup, too. NTL, maybe a modeling amp is in your future.....

Since that's a Boss brand, I'd guess that it's similar circuitry as in the acoustic model featured on Roland Cube amps, which is actually pretty darn cool. Quite acoustic sounding, especially with a Strat. Works well with my Markley sound hole pickup, too. NTL, maybe a modeling amp is in your future.....

I am beginning to think there are a lot of things in my future. I am so excited that I got back into playing. So much I have missed, yet so much to look forward to. I owe it all to my wife's persistant plea . . . "please teach me the guitar"!

The LP Ultra IIIs are coming soon, when they appear I expect they'll be holding run-outs on Ultra IIs, they can produce a very good acoustic simulation with their NanoMag pup, perhaps you could get one for your wife and you take over the LP 100.

Oh no! Please . . . no! If she gets that idea I will be in trouble [scared] .

My Vox Valvetronics VT40+ has an acoustic simulator on one of it's many, many options, nice amp £169 over here, and the pedal is £95, so I'll stick with the amp [thumbup];)

Not bad when you consider the Boss acoustic simulator sells for $129. Still, if you don't have the appropriate amp, it's still a good buy.

Oh no! Please . . . no! If she gets that idea I will be in trouble [scared] .

Not bad when you consider the Boss acoustic simulator sells for $129. Still, if you don't have the appropriate amp, it's still a good buy.

I wouldn't dismiss the Ultra out of hand like that, with it doesn't matter what amp you use, you can take it anywhere and plug it in and it'll work, no need to lug a pedal around either.

I wouldn't dismiss the Ultra out of hand like that, with it doesn't matter what amp you use, you can take it anywhere and plug it in and it'll work, no need to lug a pedal around either.

Dismiss the Ultra . . . heaven forbid no. I was referring to giving it to my wife and taking her 100 in exchange like you suggested. That would be so very hard to do after having the ultra in my hands. :(

Dismiss the Ultra . . . heaven forbid no. I was referring to giving it to my wife and taking her 100 in exchange like you suggested. That would be so very hard to do after having the ultra in my hands. :(

Oh right, I can fully understand that.

I've used that Boss one, it's very good but to get the best out of it you need a single coil guitar, and either an acoustic amp or route it through a PA, not your regular electric guitar amp. It does have an optional output to an alternative amp so you can set it up to switch the signal when the pedal is in use.

I found that if I used a humbucker guitar and regular guitar amp the acoustic sound was not as authentic. Still a nice effect though.

Archived