Gibson Brands Forums

Music to celebrate England

Duende

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd Love To Change The World by Ten Years After would be an appropriate song for the turmoil that's going on in Britain now-the message is as pertinent now as it was back then.I have many friends and extended family living all over England and I'm constantly thinking about them.

scotland, ireland, wales...should all be included as we all live on the same isle, but it's matt's call?

Man the jokes I could tell you blokes, learned 'em in Bermuda, mid 80's. Scot, Mick, Lime work mates, Welsh fella lived right across the street. You peoples are all one to the rest of us, and you should embrace one another now and not let yer individual cultures disappear. Aside from being really cheap, you are all pretty damn funny.

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Cracked myself up there.

rct

Man the jokes I could tell you blokes, learned 'em in Bermuda, mid 80's. Scot, Mick, Lime work mates, Welsh fella lived right across the street. You peoples are all one to the rest of us, and you should embrace one another now and not let yer individual cultures disappear. Aside from being really cheap, you are all pretty damn funny.

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Cracked myself up there.

rct

[laugh]

From a dear fella named Geoff Smith, I'm sure he has since departed this mortal coil, it's only been 25 years now, and he was up there back then...

Englishman, Irishman, Scotsman take their wives out golfing.

Mrs Englishman tees up to hit the ball, swings hard, stumbles, falls, up goes her golf skirt revealing to the assembled that she isn't wearing any knickers and giving them quite the show!

Englishman curses mightily, pleading with her to explain this humiliation, how could she possibly do this to him?

You are so frugal, she explains, I can't buy much to feed us, so I have to let some other things go and well, knickers is one of them.

Cursing, muttering, foul mouthedly, Englishman reaches into his pocket, pulls out a ten pound, throws it at her in disgust, admonishing her to buy some damn knickers first chance.

Couple plays later, Mrs Irishman tees up, same thing happens. Same cursing, same explanation, he's so cheap she can't even buy knickers at Marks & Spencer.

I used to love the M&S in Bermuda. And Coopers. Trimminghams.

So Irishman, STILL cursing like a sailor digs deep into pocket, pulls out 5 pound, throws it at her, tells her to get some damn knickers GOD how embarrassing.

Couple plays later, Mrs Scotsman tees up, same thing happens. Same cursing, only worse, and with a much redder face. Same teary explanation, the budget just doesn't allow for such niceties as knickers.

Scotsman fishes around in pocket, pulls out and throws at her a comb, telling her "ferchristssake make yerself decent woman".

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Best part is having one of each do the parts. Use to do Sunday Blues Jams at a pub that I'd have to think long and deep on to get the name of. Them guys would show up and we'd just have untold hours of fun listening to them guys between gos at some music by anyone that showed up with a guitar.

Good times.

rct

Charlie, sometimes (like earlier) threads are zapped for no reason, however this thread is becoming zap worthy, as it is going off topic into areas that are leading to guns, laws and politics etc!!

Let's keep it on music so it remains immune xxxxxxxx

Archived