Gibson Brands Forums

Music to celebrate England

Duende

Just plussed you!

Saturn do you like The Keiser Chiefs? They have borrowed a lot of stuff from bands like The Clash [thumbup] I think they are great writers!

I think that's the first time I've been Plussed! Thanks [blush]

I'd never heard of the Kaiser Cheifs before, but that song is pretty good. [thumbup]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bet Kate and Willie now regret not having brought enough wedding cake to share with everyone!

Hope things return to normal for you and everyone else over there!! Hmm. Haven't seen Pippy over in the Song Game recently....

As for music.... You can pick anyone from Rod Argent through the Zombies and be proud :-" :-k .

A couple choices:

Thunderclap Newman comes to mind; Good song wrong subject matter??

And these guys were truly special...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbLDI5lNdRQ

Guest farnsbarns

Bet Kate and Willie now regret not having brought enough wedding cake to share with everyone!

Hope things return to normal for you and everyone else over there!! Hmm. Haven't seen Pippy over in the Song Game recently....

As for music.... You can pick anyone from Rod Argent through the Zombies and be proud :-" :-k .

A couple choices:

Thunderclap Newman comes to mind; Good song wrong subject matter??

And these guys were truly special...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbLDI5lNdRQ

That Thunderclap Newman vid is blocked in the UK, strange.

If you are a fan, watch this space, I may have some Thunderclap news to announce in the next few weeks if all goes well.

That Thunderclap Newman vid is blocked in the UK, strange.

If you are a fan, watch this space, I may have some Thunderclap news to announce in the next few weeks if all goes well.

I am indeed a fan.Thanks. [thumbup]

I'm not at all surprised about the "block". I wonder if the Kinks Arthur (decline & fall of the British Empire) is blocked as well?

There are several players I have only gotten into in the last few years! There is too much great stuff going on! [thumbup] I am quite a relatively new fan of Alan Holdsworth. I find his playing so inspiring and liquid like in the way it is so fluid and nicely phrased! Perhaps who fascinates me the most of my recent searching though is Robert Fripp. He is so creative and his brain seems wired differently to so many other people! There isn't enough time to find everything!!!

I love this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGUgq57U5PA&feature=related

Matt...

You nailed it about time...

The piece you noted is interesting... but doesn't really trip my own trigger, probably because it doesn't seem "lyrical." But then, you've gotta figure I'm an old folkie with a batch of swing and blues in my head.

m

Archived