Gibson Brands Forums

Baggs para acoustic DI?

moej45

I've got one. Haven't used it with any of my Gibsons, but I use it with an old parlor guitar that has a $20 undersaddle ribbon. It roars. Surprisingly to me, the guitar sounds pretty much like it's not plugged-in, aside from I've got all the volumn I want. It's pretty simple to use, and I'm no tech guy. I like things simple. There are some other real good DIs out there, but the Baggs does a good job too. I bought mine because I have friends who "swear by" the Baggs gear. I'd buy another one if I lost this one.

Does anyone have experience with this product interfacing with gibsons? I have q couple of shows coming up and was thinking it might be a good purchase but wanted to see what people thought.

I use mine everytime I play out. My J100xtra's got the active UST w/o any volume/EQ, so I wanted something that would give me some control, especially when there's no acoustic amp around and/or the sound guy is not paying attention. And, when I do use my little 60 watt acoustic amp, I still run through the DI first...

Simple, with straight-forward controls--just what I wanted and needed.

I like! [thumbup]

Archived