Gibson Brands Forums

WT*??? Diablo pickups

RStabe

I was in the process of having the BB#1 and BB#2 pickups in my Diablo switched out for 57s. Much to my surprise the original pickups I assume are actually Burstbucker Pro labeled RHY PRO and the other LEAD PRO on the bottoms. Is my assumption correct? And is there any way to be certain?

Your assumption that they are Pros would seem to be correct. What led you think think they were otherwise?

Ya know' date=' I really think its an age thing. Some reason I thought they were Al 2 bursts. Must be glancing over it I saw the 1 and 2 and assumed. Sall good though for resale $

Also' date=' out of curiosity, did you really think someone was going to be offended by the letter 'F' in 'WTF'?[/quote']

Heh, well Im new here so I figure I should mind my Ps n Qs.

+1 on the 57s, RStabe. They're great pickups. they have such an amazing tone.... although personally I prefer BB Pros more just because the rhythm pickup really growls when you want it to, but you can just turn down the volume to clean up the tone. the 57s are definitely my 2nd favourite pups in a Gibson guitar, though.

Archived