Gibson Brands Forums

If I had a Million Dollars...

SRV-Zeppelin

OK guys, imagine you win the lottery. If you could have any 5 guitars in the world, which would they be?

My top picks:

2009 R9 - HCS

2007 LP Standard - Honey Burst

1962 Fender Stratocaster Reissue- Ocean Turqouise

Gibson SJ-200 True Vintage Acoustic- Vintage Sunburst

Gibson Firebird Studio- Ebony

Keep in mind I chose guitars that I would actually play regularly, as I'm not much of a collector...

And I know the last one isn't exactly a "lottery" guitar, but I just can't get over how cool those guitars look.

Sweeeeeeet! I'll play:

1. Jimmy Page's "the One"

2. Edward's "Frankenstein"

3. B.B.'s "Lucille"

4. Stevie Ray's "Lenny"

5. Tim's R9

**Edit**

I am a lottery winner! Won $2 on a $2 ticket! I didn't buy any guitars with it, though.....

OK, let's see

1.) Jimmy Page signature LP (probably keep this one under glass)

2.) The most expensive custom shop LP Custom in silverburst

3.) One of those reissue guitars you guys brag about. I'd want the 1960 model so I guess that's an R0?

4.) Reissue of LP goldtop with the P.90s and the wrap around stopbar

5.) Original of every model LP Special and Jr. from the early 60's. Single and double-cut. Most in TV yellow plz.

I'll take it! I said 'most' not 'all'. That can be a nice color. I've seen them in a couple LP books I have.

I guess Tim is a popular name around here. It also happens to be the name of my favorite album by one of my favorite bands.

replacementstim0al.jpg

I wouldn't buy ANY guitars in the beginning.

I'd build a studio and make it a really good place to be. Weighted towards guitar based music, either solo or band, acoustic or electric, with all the facilities.

Then I would encourage the nicest musos to use the facility to rehearse and record. Then maybe if a really nice guitar came by that called out to me, I might make the owner an offer. But the fun and pleasure of having players playing and enjoying would be better than ANY guitar hanging on a wall or (worse yet) unplayed in a case behind glass.....

I'd build a studio and make it a really good place to be. Weighted towards guitar based music' date=' either solo or band, acoustic or electric, with all the facilities.

Then I would encourage the nicest musos to use the facility to rehearse and record. Then maybe if a really nice guitar came by that called out to me, I might make the owner an offer. But the fun and pleasure of having players playing and enjoying would be better than [b']ANY[/b] guitar hanging on a wall or (worse yet) unplayed in a case behind glass.....

+1000

I'd build a studio and make it a really good place to be. Weighted towards guitar based music' date=' either solo or band, acoustic or electric, with all the facilities.

Then I would encourage the nicest musos to use the facility to rehearse and record. Then maybe if a really nice guitar came by that called out to me, I might make the owner an offer. But the fun and pleasure of having players playing and enjoying would be better than [b']ANY[/b] guitar hanging on a wall or (worse yet) unplayed in a case behind glass.....

Ding ding ding. I currently have my dream guitar(s). Now I would really like to have a nice place, where I can go to 11!!!

Whoooo Factor of 10

If I had a million dollars I would build a roller coaster in my back yard and use the revenue from that to buy a *****in SG Custom.

Very original!!! I'd buy a real 59 if I could find one for around 300.000... pay off my apartment and upgrade my studio...

Count me in too. However I'd have to order/find and bring along the following

SJ200 - True Vintage

Southern Jumbo - True Vintage

Custom Shop SJ185 12 string

Custom Shop Strat - White with a white scratchplate and maple board.

Yamaha SG3000

Oh and a drill and matchsticks for the strap buttons!

Archived