Gibson Brands Forums

Red LP?

Marshall Paul

I cant send any photos unfortunately because I dont have a digital camera.

The picture you have isn't the same sorry. Just imagine a stock standard LP except all red. Even has white binding and chrome hardware. Friend sold it to me cheap over the weekend. Has hardly been used but is neglected so I intend to turn it into a project guitar. After stripping down will have it polished back up to new and then fit it out with gold hardware. I tried it out and everything works except for a binding tone pot which will get changed out in the refit.

Korean Unsung model,

made Jan 97

Thanks Pete, that was quick!

I dont suppose you'd be able to tell me what the model is (confirm it's a Standard)? And break down the serial # for me?

And Red? Has this got any interesting history to it?

I cant send any photos unfortunately because I dont have a digital camera.

The picture you have isn't the same sorry. Just imagine a stock standard LP except all red. Even has white binding. Friend sold it to me cheap over the weekend. has hardly been used but is neglected so I intend to turn it into a project guitar. After stripping down will have it polished back up to new and then fit it out with gold hardware. I tried it out and everything works except for a binding tone pot which will get changed out in the refit.

Ok I think I've got it, sounds like you have a WINE RED Les paul Standard

12057-epiphone-les-paul-standard-translucent-wine-red--large.jpg

They do look nice

Ok I think I've got it, sounds like you have a WINE RED Les paul Standard

12057-epiphone-les-paul-standard-translucent-wine-red--large.jpg

They do look nice

Got it, thats it!

Thanks for that guys, can't wait to see it after the refit, should be sexy!

Thanks for all the help guys, sterling job! Nice to know there's intelligent, helpful people out there when needed.

I'll try to learn how to use a digital camera so I can post some nice pics of the family.

Archived