Gibson Brands Forums

Old dog learns new tricks.

MissouriPicker

Actually bought a webcam yesterday. Wal Mart special 15.99. It had been 19.99. I tried doing some video recording with it. Never done my own video recording. Turns-out it has a mic in it and that's what I played into from about 3-4ft away. Not really good audio or visual, but you get that with me...Heard this morning from a friend that if I'd spent another 20 bucks I'd have at least gotten a cam with a decent mic....lol....anyway, this is it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkTqUJnoJG4

Thanks for the kind words, Karen. I sincerely appreciate them. That is pretty much what I do at coffeehouses, festivals, picnics, and retirement centers. About the fastest song I play is something like Runaway. And that's at about 3/4 the speed Del Shannon did it at. I figure if I slow it down I can play all the riffs up the neck and people watching will say "Wow". [thumbup] .......I really do like the acoustic sound. Probably going to get me a better webcam for better audio. This one's sound is pretty thin.

I completely agree with Karen and you do deserve a better camera to do your music justice, having said that it never ceases to amaze me that if someone produces a quality tone, that it still comes through, even on a hissing camera!

Great stuff, really nice.

Matt

Actually bought a webcam yesterday. Wal Mart special 15.99. It had been 19.99. I tried doing some video recording with it. Never done my own video recording. Turns-out it has a mic in it and that's what I played into from about 3-4ft away. Not really good audio or visual, but you get that with me...Heard this morning from a friend that if I'd spent another 20 bucks I'd have at least gotten a cam with a decent mic....lol....anyway, this is it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkTqUJnoJG4

I love it, Larry! Lovely song, sweet playin' and singing. [thumbup]

While I agree that a better mic, etc. is warranted, the hiss on this one was oddly soothing--like the sound of a great old song coming across the airwaves, reminiscent of early dreams and longing. Sigh...

More, more!!

Archived