Gibson Brands Forums

I now have Slashtone.

AXE®

Actually originally that amp was the amp that George Lynch used and rented from a dealer in Calif, then George offered to buy it the dealer refused. Then Slash rented the amp and also offered to buy the original amp and the company still refused to sell it. Quite a cool history around the real amp.

Congrats on the purchase.

Is this amp you are referring to the blue/purple half stack with the basketweave grill?

Those amps are impossible to find in person [cursing] ... I really wanted to give one a go around before purchasing my Mojave.... But there was no way I was gonna lay down $2400 without diming it in person.

I'm hoping to find one that someone destroyed... (so let me know if / when you blow it to smithereens), and I'll take it to my amp guy [biggrin]

SAWEEEEEEEET!

I'm almost jealous... I'd definately be jealous if I realized I could afford this amp but just simply couldn't find one; but since I couldn't afford it, I'm not G.A.S.ing. I'm strange that way, I GAS for what is attainable not what I think I'll never be able to have. Of course, up until May I never expected to own a Les Paul and ended up scoring a limited run model that is worth at least the same as most recent Standards; so I GAS for Les Pauls all the time now...

of course this also opened the door for other things - SG Standards, American Strats, Flying V's, lunch box amps (I don't GAS for large amps anymore because I don't have a venue to play in big enough to need one), speaker cabs (2x12 and 1x12's mainly, I have no need for a 4x12 at home and no desire to carry one up/down the stairs to my music room and a 2x12 rattles my windows just fine) low wattage tube combos (if only I could get my wife to understand that a Fender Champion 600 will open the door to sounds my Traynor YCS50H + 2x12 is just too much amp to do in a 10 foot by 10 foor room)

Archived