Gibson Brands Forums

Object d'Art- Tell me what you think

jannusguy2

Found this in an antique store yesterday. 1960s era and Mexican Tin (Art?). It followed me around the store until I bought it. It matches my AC duct.

angel2.jpg

angel1.jpg

Kind of spooky although fitting right there with the Gibsons [smile]

Without the guitar it is just another cheesy bit of decoration but throw in a guitar and voila! you have a fantastic piece of art. I love it! I would have grabbed it and carried it around with me so no one else could get it.

So true! It would be just another angel wall hanging, but the guitar changes the whole thing! I love it! [thumbup]

Looks like it belongs in that series of movies: The Omen......Has your playing improved since you hung it on the wall? Any reports in the neighborhood of missing dogs/cats. :-k

Nope, dogs and cats are good. Only missing a fist full of dollars.... I do seem to be playing La Cucaracha quite a bit.

I'm actually thinking of removing the head, neck, arms and everything below the copper waist. Just leaving the wings and guitar.

But then it will just look like a flying guitar. You might not like it? I love her face. She's smiling. Plus, you'll probably have ten years of bad luck if you cut her head off. [biggrin]

"You angel you

You got me under your wing

by the way you walk and the way you talk

I feel I could almost sing"

B. Dylan

"Keep her as she is

and polish her with kiss

The belt the skirt the wing

Do not change a thing"

E-minor7

"You angel you

You got me under your wing

by the way you walk and the way you talk

I feel I could almost sing"

B. Dylan

"Keep her as she is

and polish her with kiss

The belt the skirt the wing

Do not change a thing"

E-minor7

Bob Dylan wrote You Angel You??? I always thought it was Mannfred Mann! I used to love that song!

Pretty good lyrics there yourself Em7!

Archived