Gibson Brands Forums

Suggestions?

Icon

A little background information: I play for my church and my setup starts with a prs ce, through a way huge pork loin, a hardwire overdrive, then a boss gt-10 and then finally a vox 15 night train.

for awhile ive been trying to get that ambient/airy tone with lots of reverb and delays and a slight overdrive on top. ive been doing some research lately and found the timefactor space. its perfect! ....'cept it costs 500 bucks. any suggestions on how to obtain that ambient tone without making it sound like a digital piece of crap *cough like through the gt-10*

http://www.strymon.net/products/elcapistan/

this is the absolute master of ambience. It has reverb and the delay sounds amazing. The thing that makes it so good for ambience is that you can set the mix and repeats levels very high without the repeats cluttering up the sound. The "tape age" control really helps this because you can darken up the repeats to make them sit back even more.

I have one and it is so amazing when you use it with a band. The repeats just sit back perfectly in the mix.

It's kinda expensive, but trust me it's worth every penny. Kinda like a Gibson or other nice guitar.

if you are happy with your overdrive, then awesome!

i haven't had much experience with pedals, my Sunn has awesome reverb that I leave on 10 and is very very super washed up reverby. My friend has a Boss Space Echo, and it sounds pretty good, he got his used for like 150 or so, I believe it has reverb on it too. Definitely worth checking out

If you are playing in a church, I would love to hear the reverb you get in there though...

Archived