Gibson Brands Forums

Did I make the right choice in replacement machine heads?

NoFrills

Anyone replaced their stock LP machine heads with Grover Deluxe vintage style machine heads?

Positive results?

My black 91' LP Studio Lite Machine heads have always been somewhat wiggly, especially the D.

One day the back of the D machine head popped off and the black spring washer went missing.

The Machine heads which came stock with my LP are made in Germany which leads me to thinking they may have been made by Schaller rather than Kluson, although I could be completely wrong.

Anyone replaced their stock LP machine heads with Grover Deluxe vintage style machine heads?

Positive results?

My black 91' LP Studio Lite Machine heads have always been somewhat wiggly, especially the D.

One day the back of the D machine head popped off and the black spring washer went missing.

The Machine heads which came stock with my LP are made in Germany which leads me to thinking they may have been made by Schaller rather than Kluson, although I could be completely wrong.

I know TonePros are now reproducing the Klusons that are on the Les Pauls today but I dont know about them being made in germany. Grover Duluxe are pretty good if I didnt have to fill in the holes of my Kluson style to create new holes for the Grover then I would do mine

The Grover Deluxe Tuners which have been ordered are supposed to be a direct replacement for my LP.

They look identical according to the diagram down to the capstan and nut which holds them in.

The other set I was looking at were some Grover Rotomatics but the ones with the nickel tulip button I was looking for were not in his catalog.

Apparently they also fit in without drilling holes but leave the top hole showing.

Archived