Gibson Brands Forums

Need a pedal tuner

Silenced Fred

I was thinking of getting one, but I think I'll keep the TU-3. IT WORKS! And Boss pedals can take my hard stomps. There's bare aluminum showing up on it already! I don't mind the treble loss. I like it. Eric Johnson should use one! ( considering how he uses regular cables rather than patch cables so he loses high end ). Plus, it shows up good in the sunlight!

I think I remember seeing a video comparing a tu-2 and a tu-3 for the purpose of showing how it compares to the signal (pedal vs no pedal). Apparently, there is no treble loss with the tu-3 as there is with the tu-2.

But..I don't know that for a fact, don't believe every thing I see just because it is on TV.

The treble loss from the tu-2 is so slight I don't think anyone would ever notice unless you were looking for it.

I bought a Polytune several months ago and could not be happier. It's accuracy blows my old TU2 out of the water. Have not tried the TU3, but not being much of a Boss fan I don't see myself purchasing one soon.

Edit: Fuzzy, I'd sell you my old TU2, but I need to have a backup floor tuner just in case.

I bought a Polytune several months ago and could not be happier. It's accuracy blows my old TU2 out of the water. Have not tried the TU3, but not being much of a Boss fan I don't see myself purchasing one soon.

Edit: Fuzzy, I'd sell you my old TU2, but I need to have a backup floor tuner just in case.

Yeah just bought the polytune. I just hate their switches, so much so that I was even considering purchasing a Boss pedal [scared]

Yeah just bought the polytune. I just hate their switches, so much so that I was even considering purchasing a Boss pedal [scared]

What is the deal with the switches? Are they that bad?

Is it the casing that is weak or is it the switch itself?

I think I remember seeing a video comparing a tu-2 and a tu-3 for the purpose of showing how it compares to the signal (pedal vs no pedal). Apparently, there is no treble loss with the tu-3 as there is with the tu-2.

But..I don't know that for a fact, don't believe every thing I see just because it is on TV.

The treble loss from the tu-2 is so slight I don't think anyone would ever notice unless you were looking for it.

It'll surprise you(it did me anyway). I've used the same TU-2 for the last 10 years, and modded it for true-bypass last year. I could tell a difference. Nothing big though.

What is the deal with the switches? Are they that bad?

Is it the casing that is weak or is it the switch itself?

The switch makes a clicking sound which is very audible. So its sucks using it as a mute when on stage. it also takes more force than say the Boss or the Korg. But features wise the Polytune far out performs the others. I have the TU-15 that I used to check it by the Poly was on the money every time. Considering BOSS say the TU-15 is their most accurate that has to speak for itself.

The Polytune is as rugged as everything else that comes out of TC. if anything its slightly over engineered.

It'll surprise you(it did me anyway). I've used the same TU-2 for the last 10 years, and modded it for true-bypass last year. I could tell a difference. Nothing big though.

I was meaning to ask, how was it to do? I was thinking of doing that, but I couldn't come up with an easy way to do it.

It would be a great pedal to do it with, not that it is bad or needs it.

Archived