Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!!!

midiman56

EVERY time I see a piece of Korina, I think of you. Maniak! You're right ... I DO "need" a Korina SG ... AND an Explorer. Talk about an "A Team" (or would that be a "K Team"?)

Congreats to you too, Groovedoggie! I'm glad you're happy with your Trad Pro. It's a player's guitar, for sure ... and I'm still amazed at the value you get for your hard-earned buck with this model!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing one of these lately at a local shop.

I gotta say, this is one badass Les Paul. I think it's the best Epi LP I've played.

It's hefty, but not heavy and handles easily. The neck is just perfect. Not too huge, but not a toothpick, either.

The pickups sounded really good and the coil splits were aces. The split doesn't really change the character of the pickup...it's just more single coil sounding. Brighter, sharper.

You got a good one, OP.

EG

Hey just quick question here for anyone that might know. Does the korina share the same pick ups as the other trad pros?

According to GC's website the korina has:

Epiphone Alnico Classic Plus™ bridge humbucker

Epiphone Alnico Classic™ neck humbucker

And the standard trad pro has:

Neck pickup: Alnico Classic PRO

Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3 PRO

Can anyone confirm this, or is it just a type-o? Thank in advance and I hope to be able to check these out sometime this weekend.

Dean

• 3 weeks later...

I have been looking at the Traditional Pro, and was ready to pull the triger on one. But when I saw it in Korina I knew I had to have it. It is on lay away at my local GC, and I will pick it up next month. Sweet guitar

G'day FRE, welcome to the forums, there's a terrific bunch around here, I hope you like the joint.

Grats on snagging one of these, they're a sweet guitar for sure. When it arrives it'd be great if you started a thread on it and showed it off to all of us, we love new guitar stories and pics.

Archived