Gibson Brands Forums

Sangria

Californiaman

My future wife loves them but I'm not a huge fan.

Word to the wise, a half and half mixture of hard apple cider and beer called a "Turbo Shandy" or a "Snakebite" will give you wicked trots at 3 in the morning, so if you're camping or somewhere where the facilities aren't comfy or within close quarters to you then drink at your own risk!

I was getting a poboy in the hood in New Orleans on a super hot summer day, and a really REALLY stinky wino was in line ahead of me with a bottle of MD or Thunderbird I don't remember, but he had a pack of generic Kool-Aid. The whole time he was jabbering about "Shake & bake, I'm fi'n to shake & bake, a's what I'm talkin about" and so on. He smelled horrible, I held my breath as much as I could type of thing. When I left he was with his bottle, emptying the koolaid packet into it, sitting on the blacktop right in the sun. Then he shook it up and started drinking...

Isn't it past your bedtime?

Your like two ******* years older then me. [flapper]

It's stupid, all the kids my age drink to get drunk.

Getting drunk shows the true stupidity of mankind. Why take something to make your self feel worse, only true morons do that!

Your like two ******* years older then me. [flapper]

It's stupid, all the kids my age drink to get drunk.

Getting drunk shows the true stupidity of mankind. Why take something to make your self feel worse, only true morons do that!

lol isn't that a scary thought

depends... sometimes feeling worse makes you feel better. like when you throw up and you feel instantly better. that sounds like some ghey emo bullshit i know

lol isn't that a scary thought

depends... sometimes feeling worse makes you feel better. like when you throw up and you feel instantly better. that sounds like some ghey emo bullshit i know

Yeah, throwing up then waking up with dealing about cleaning throw up and waking up with a hangover.

Oh and lets not forgett the ****ed up **** you did when you were drunk that you dont remember

Yeah, throwing up then waking up with dealing about cleaning throw up and waking up with a hangover.

Oh and lets not forgett the ****ed up **** you did when you were drunk that you dont remember

see, that's why you don't drink all the sugar! Sugar and alcohol is a big no no in my books. Keep it kosher. I never had a hangover, and I never threw up.

I drink in contained environments so I can't do too much stupid stuff. I just talk a lot when I'm drunk or so I'm told

My friend threw up in the sink once, and I made him clean it out. Problem solved [thumbup]

You can actually drink and not get drunk boys you just have to stop drinking after a few. Power drinking is for the young and stupid, I had more than my share of lost weekends and waking up far from home in places and with people I don't know. It's been years since I've been drunk and decades since I drank enough to pass out. I don't drink sangria or mixed drinks unless I'm at a beach party or something not for any major reason other than why drink something fruity when there's Scotch and good Irish Whiskey in the world?

--------------

That would be a good post actually who has woken up the farthest from home after a hard weekend of partying? I guess I would have to say my worst was a four day binge where I woke up in a girls apartment in Portland Oregon which wouldn't have been bad except I lived in Los Angeles at the time, she was a looker but she wasn't really worth missing a day of work and having to buy a plane ticket to get home. [crying]

I love Sangria

a few years ago my wife and I were out celebrating a promotion she'd received and I drank 3 pitchers of the stuff.

the waitress and the bouncers at the bar only figured out on pitcher number 3 that my wife was drinking caesars and I had all the sangria to myself.

They were stunned that I drank so much and was still walking much less capable of holding coherant conversation. They were expecting to have to carry me out of the bar. lol

Sangria = worst hangover short of mixing cheap liquor and PBR. All that sugar. I'll stick with beer, thank you.

Just more sangria for you, eh?

What's wrong with that? That's how me and the fella's start the weekend. Tequilla shots and chase it with PBR. Salt,lime or lemon is to taste. Sangria is nice but we use Shine instead of wine. Homemade Purple Passion. [thumbup]

Well it really comes down to are you having a couple of drinks to relax or are you having many to get sh!t-faced.

Moderation young fuzz, moderation.

Many to get **** faced.

But on a serious topic, if dem00n is against alcohol, then that means that the "wal mart fat chick parking lot" incident was done... sober? [blink][scared]

Archived