Gibson Brands Forums

Sangria

Californiaman

What's wrong with that? That's how me and the fella's start the weekend. Tequilla shots and chase it with PBR. Salt,lime or lemon is to taste. Sangria is nice but we use Shine instead of wine. Homemade Purple Passion. [thumbup]

PBR is good chaser. I shouldn't knock it. Will say that I only really enjoy it out of tall boy cans.

In regards to that tequilla your shooting, what brand? Please don't tell me it's El Toro.

Side story that just resurfaced - Waaaaay back in college we used to play at this place in Kalamazoo called Club Soda (RIP) and they always had Guinness on tap. So the night would be

- a shot of Jägermeister

- a pint of Guinness

repeat until the last band played. This ritual ended one night in Ferndale, MI. We played a show on my birthday and the whole night my friends were ordering me up Jägermeister shots. Since I hadn't eaten dinner, it all came up in the parking lot after closing. Icing on cake was my girlfriend. She had to drive and in the process of turning around (because she missed the freeway entrance ramp) she ran up a jagged curb and blew both passenger side tires; wrecking one of the rims. Had to call my father at 2am to come pick us up. Man, that woman could not drive.

PBR is good chaser. I shouldn't knock it. Will say that I only really enjoy it out of tall boy cans.

In regards to that tequilla your shooting, what brand? Please don't tell me it's El Toro.

Side story that just resurfaced - Waaaaay back in college we used to play at this place in Kalamazoo called Club Soda (RIP) and they always had Guinness on tap. So the night would be

- a shot of Jägermeister

- a pint of Guinness

repeat until the last band played. This ritual ended one night in Ferndale, MI. We played a show on my birthday and the whole night my friends were ordering me up Jägermeister shots. Since I hadn't eaten dinner, it all came up in the parking lot after closing. Icing on cake was my girlfriend. She had to drive and in the process of turning around (because she missed the freeway entrance ramp) she ran up a jagged curb and blew both passenger side tires; wrecking one of the rims. Had to call my father at 2am to come pick us up. Man, that woman could not drive.

Jaeger on an empty stomach is a big mistake

Red or White

Sangria to me has to be Red if not then it's a wine spritzer and thats something my wife drinks while I have beer.

I've made white sangria before using green table grapes, pears, and nectarines.

It was very tasty.

I heard this yesterday on KPIG Radio.

You can actually drink and not get drunk boys you just have to stop drinking after a few. Power drinking is for the young and stupid, I had more than my share of lost weekends and waking up far from home in places and with people I don't know. It's been years since I've been drunk and decades since I drank enough to pass out. I don't drink sangria or mixed drinks unless I'm at a beach party or something not for any major reason other than why drink something fruity when there's Scotch and good Irish Whiskey in the world?

--------------

That would be a good post actually who has woken up the farthest from home after a hard weekend of partying? I guess I would have to say my worst was a four day binge where I woke up in a girls apartment in Portland Oregon which wouldn't have been bad except I lived in Los Angeles at the time, she was a looker but she wasn't really worth missing a day of work and having to buy a plane ticket to get home. [crying]

I'll bite... I remember,(slightly) my worst drunken story. I was in my early twenties,(I think), I drove 2-hours in my nice Pontiac Firebird to meet up with my "girlfriend". Turns out, she really didn't want to see me, and she made plans already to go to a party with some other friends. I tagged along, because I had nothing else to do. Got totally wasted and couldn't even drive because I was so bummed out about the situation. She had to drive me, in my Firebird, to my motel. I had to make her stop along the way to get sick,(luckily it was outside the car). Left the next day and never saw her again.

Binge drinking sucks and I would never do it again.

Archived