Gibson Brands Forums

cheating?

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest farnsbarns

Went to a blues club tonight, best not name it. I went because I looked on the web site and saw the name of a well known blues pianist. When I got there I found out the act was actually a person by the same name, not the person I was expecting, and they were crap.

should I be complaining? I mean, I suppose it was their name but clearly it was misleading.

Like a band with the name "Free Beer". The ad would read "Free Beer Tonight".

I would complain.

Hmmm.......I saw the latest version of Lynrd Skynrd....They were so bad people kept screaming " FREE BEER, FREE BEER !!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Roy Rogers, the ace slide player, is often asked if he is related to the "real" Roy Rogers, meaning the cowboy actor whose "real" name was Leonard Slye or something like that, and he says he is the "real" Roy Rogers.

I don't know if anyone is fooled or feels cheated in this case.

Guest farnsbarns

why not name the club, farns? [confused]

Dunno actually, it was Ain't Nothing But (The Blues) in Soho and the website listed Bridie King. Bridie King is a well known, Australian, blues/boogie pianist but this one was a mediocre singer with a terrible band.

No ridicule intended, But I have never heard of that guy.

Of corse, just because i have never heard of him doesn't mean a thing as far as how good he would be or what he has contributed or done for the Blues.

BUT...I probably would not expect anyone to know who he is.

The first band I was in at 11 was called 'Gonnarock'.

We'd say. We're Gonnarock and you're Gonorrhoea us.

I went to school with a kid named 'Michael Jackson'. He even got stick then. We're the same age as him.

Archived