Gibson Brands Forums

Earth Quake

Big Bill

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that's small for Cali, but we have Building Codes that take Earthquakes into account. When I was in Virginia I saw a lot of Brick Buildings, not a lot of Cinder Block and Rebar. They're gonna wanna check for movement and cracking in those old Brick Buildings.

I am about 30 miles east if the epicenter (Mineral, VA) and 30 miles south of DC. We had a pretty good shaking - several items fell off shelves and walls. Some minor building damage in the DC and Northern VA area. Traffic is a mess, I am glad I wasn't working today.

The guitars are all OK.

I am about 30 miles east if the epicenter (Mineral, VA) and 30 miles south of DC. We had a pretty good shaking - several items fell off shelves and walls. Some minor building damage in the DC and Northern VA area. Traffic is a mess, I am glad I wasn't working today.

The guitars are all OK.

As long as the guitars are fine....

I felt it here in western PA.

I had just got back in my car, sitting in the parking lot of one of my accounts when I noticed my car shaking back and forth. I though that's weird just then the 2 guys on the sports talk show I had on were asking each other did you feel that! If I hadn't been parked at the time I probably wouldn't have noticed.

I'm about 40 miles southeast of DC. Had just brought my son to take a placement exam at our local community college and was hanging around in the lobby of the admin building. Building just up and starting shaking for maybe 20 seconds. It was very surreal. Poor kid had just started taking the test when they evacuated the building. Haven't heard too much about damage in the immediate area. My house was fine. Just a couple of small things fell to the floor. Guitars were safe and sound. And my son ended up passing the exam. Decided to buy a new Boss 302 to celebrate.....well that's the story I'm telling my wife.

Archived