Gibson Brands Forums

LOUDEST guitar

mooseguy

GGGIRL:

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I HAD FOUND TRUE LOVE AND PSST YOU WERE GONE (ALA HEE HAW) I AM SO HAPPY TO KNOW YOU HAVE NOT

ZAPPED ME FROM YOUR MEMORY BANK. HOPE THAT LIFE IS TREATING YOU WELL AND THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES WHICH I HAVE YET TO HAVE.

MOOSE

Moosey, I could NEVER forget you, nor the exquisite Excellente poetry we shared [wub]

Forever yours in cyberspace,

GG

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Moose, you should try cutting through with a mandolin in a room filled with fiddles and Martin D-28s or something. About as futile as it gets.

Zomby: Please cheer up-we all have our moments of jam desperation but some how it's survivable and the fun returns

sooner or later when you either leave or the jam buster does. I once did have the extreme pleasure of

directly telling a saw player to get lost before he could bow his first whiplash note. This got me a standing round of applause.

Moose

P.S Don't you just love those walk up bongo players

Mathew: Many thanks for your most appreciated luthier info on you wife's great guitar-Another question if I might: What kind of wood including the top is this instrument made of? Is it a laminated side & back or solid throughout?

I thank you in advance for the information

Regards,

Moose

Hi Moose

No, it is mine! Allllll mine LOL (she has her own guitars!!!!! [biggrin])

But seriously, the specs are...

Back/Sides: Walnut

Top: Cedar

Neck: Mahogany

Fingerboard: Ebony

Better details are on his site

http://www.royaljazzguitars.co.uk/

Cheers Moose!

Matt

Sir Johnt:

Greetings and salutations to an "infrequent lurker" (doing this here could probably get you a nicely confined free vacation)

I must have struck a nerve with this thread including yourself who probably needs a volume booster due to

Fred's lovesick calls for NouNou. I am seriously happy to know you are alive and hopefully still happily HUMMING AND STRUMMING.

I also trust that you will be still available to continue your superior board memebership activities in

behalf of the PISS POOR PICKING ACADEMY Of ADVANCE GUITAR TECHNIQUES. Ever since we lost our financial backing

from the local cartel due to their finding mostly sober roaches in the student's watered tequila which they supply, thingies have have been going from worst to rotten.

The BEST best to you and yours and a big hug to Fred from NouNou

Moose

My dear ole Alces alces.

You will delighted to hear that the PPPAoAGT (London East Dulwich chapter)has secured a degree of financial stability by blagging a donation from an anonymus masked man know only as "a bolero hatted sunglassed superstar"

We were gathered together only today to listen, enchanted, to his epic "Flame, Flamenco & Romance, Vol. 2 (2002)"

We noted ,and perhaps it may assist your request to "crank up your volume" ( which may in turn result in YOUR arrest if caught doing it around here), that he was able to plug his guitar into a device called an amplifier

The anonymus one offered us the opportunity to purchase a "ready to go " combo called

Impala Guitar Package

The Chevy Impala lovers' package

This includes:

A steel string guitar with 3 band equalizer, reinforced guitar case, 10 Instructional DVDs, Chord Chard, Numbered Certificate of Authenticity, Polishing cloth, guitar strap, case strap, extra set of strings, extra picks and allen key.

For just $249!!

Plus shipping!

Unfortunatley the PPPAoAGT (London East Dulwich chapter)had a whip round and raised the $249 but came up shirt on the shipping.

Perhaps you ,on the other side of the pond, may be more affluent

Just in case hers the link

http://www.estebanmusic.com/shop/impala-guitar-package-d/

Sir Johnt:

Alces Alces to you and many more of whatever the word means?

Mucho Grande thanks for your kind referral to the offering by the GREAT MASKED ONE- My Guitar Hero.

Had I not had the most scintillating experience of having tried one of his other models, I would be most tempted to order this one.

What did happen in the latter case is that the guitar I tried had so much sustain that, when strumming and singing,I had to apply vice grips to hit the high notes.After I unfortunately heard the tawdry comment that my singing sounded just like a mouse being raped, I immediately knew that this make guitar was not suitable for my acompanyment purposes.

How positively excruciatingly exciting to know that the London Chapter of PPPAoGT is still so active which I am sure is due to your unflagging

efforts. Maybe you might be able to arrange a group trip to attend our graduation ceremonies come sometime in the future. I sadly must say some time in the future as, at present, we are lacking any student body to speak of due to the continous excess gun play close to our campus located in beautiful downtown Elephat's Breath, Mexico. Unfortunately and otherwise, our grants for body armor for the students was totally exhausted when used by the faculty for their own protection. Unfortunately, the students have so far not been able to find tortillas large and strong enough to serve as as substitutes.

Adios & Good Wishes

Moose

LOL..I think you misunderstand.

It is fun to make fun of Bluegrassers for being so strict, but the reality is that the music form is meant to be a preservation-it is not meant to grow and evolve.

It is ironic that bluegrass as a music form came about in the 60's, and is actually one of the most modern as far as timelines. But one of the most important aspects of bluegrass as a music form is the nod to the past and the preservation of it.

For example: amplification is forbidden. The only thing ever allowed is a microphone to allow the audience to hear or record. The idea is not to allow instruments to over power each other by doing that. The person(s) playing it them has only the instrument in it's natural form to work with, and must play within the confines of what it can do.

On the whole, Bluegrassers that I have met are some of the nicest people.

Well said ............. the father of Bluegrass, Bill Monroe was the strictest of bandleaders ... ran off most of his individual members after a couple of years with him ...... although he remains beloved by them ... so the unyielding nature is in the Blueegrass DNA.

No one ever cried when you cut up a banjo

Excellent--glad you re-told this one; I hadn't heard it.

Another oldie but goodie:

What do a banjo solo and an incoming mortar round have in common?

By the time you hear 'em, it's too late...

I NEED HELP! What is the loudest acoustic guitar you have ever played? I need to know so I can get one to drown out(IMPOSSIBLE) or at least hold my own)against those friggin banjoes that I jam with at various Blue Grass festivals. Forget the tone-I NEED VOLUME!

Any advice will be kept confidential and really appreciated-especially your feeling towards them banjoes!

Moose

P.S. A friend of mine did play a dobro type regular guitar. Aside from those-what else is just plain loud?

Hi Mooseguy,

Only real banjo-killer I know is my METAL bodied Dobro with fingerpicks. (the reason they were invented, no?)

Even better with a u/s pickup, a pre-amp and LOUD acoustic amplifier, combined with a Blue Gel over an aircraft landing light aimed directly at the gleaming dobro and reflected back to....the fiddle player....banjo player...bass....Martin D-player...

BluesKing777.

Hi Mooseguy,

Only real banjo-killer I know is my METAL bodied Dobro with fingerpicks. (the reason they were invented, no?)

Even better with a u/s pickup, a pre-amp and LOUD acoustic amplifier, combined with a Blue Gel over an aircraft landing light aimed directly at the gleaming dobro and reflected back to....the fiddle player....banjo player...bass....Martin D-player...

BluesKing777.

Hi Blues King

You really hit the nail on the head-a fellow player friend of mine just bought a spanish type dobro to take with him to a festival

this coming weekend. I am sure going to try it out. I am already positive this can stand up to any banjoe "noise".It may be so loud

as to make more enemies than friends so we shall see. All I want to do is just hold my own not piss off persons. Thanks for the

excellent suggestion any how.

Moose

Bring on the banjo.....here it is!112243_largest_banjo_Richard_Ineson.jpg

Ponty, I think we need to see a duel between the Maton and your banjo. It will make the scene in "Deliverance" seem like child's play. I'm bringing earplugs, and taping over the window glass. Not for the faint of heart.

This will be a two song test: First, "Foggy Mountain Breakdown"; second, Black Sabbath's "Paranoid".

Let the games begin.

Ponty, I think we need to see a duel between the Maton and your banjo. It will make the scene in "Deliverance" seem like child's play. I'm bringing earplugs, and taping over the window glass. Not for the faint of heart.

This will be a two song test: First, "Foggy Mountain Breakdown"; second, Black Sabbath's "Paranoid".

Let the games begin.

Hilarious! eusa_pray.gif

Wu Man kicks banjo butt.

A couple thousand years before the origins of banjo/bluegrass:

TARR: You just made my day and a real musical point-where can I sign her up for my next blue grass jam?-they don't call her "FLYING FICKLE FINGERS" for nothing. Reminds me that I once played a Chinese single string, snake skin head fiddle that drove everyone nuts-

Regards,

Moose

This is a serious answer.

For years I have searched for the BEST bluegrass (rhythm) guitar. We have often put our money where my mouth is -- I have a really good wife.

Up until 2005, I thought this was the answer. -- a pair of 1935 D-28s.

spotandrhinestone.jpg

Then about four years ago, we got a 1936 AJ -- and then the two best were the AJ and one of the 1935 D-28s.

spotandaj.jpg

Then the world fell apart. We got a old 1935 Jumbo and we converted a 1935 Roy Smeck Radio Grande. They now it appears the grand winners are:

JumboRG.jpg

These are really rare guitars, so perhaps it does not matter. The astute however will note that there are no longer any Martins here -- or AJs for that matter.

Let's picks,

-Tom

This is a serious answer.

For years I have searched for the BEST bluegrass (rhythm) guitar. We have often put our money where my mouth is -- I have a really good wife.

Up until 2005, I thought this was the answer. -- a pair of 1935 D-28s.

spotandrhinestone.jpg

Then about four years ago, we got a 1936 AJ -- and then the two best were the AJ and one of the 1935 D-28s.

spotandaj.jpg

Then the world fell apart. We got a old 1935 Jumbo and we converted a 1935 Roy Smeck Radio Grande. They now it appears the grand winners are:

JumboRG.jpg

These are really rare guitars, so perhaps it does not matter. The astute however will note that there are no longer any Martins here -- or AJs for that matter.

Let's picks,

-Tom Thanks for sharing these really great guitars with us.

Moose

Archived