Gibson Brands Forums

Levi Guitars?

neilpanda

Anybody ever played one of these guits? Theyve got Gibson copies, but more like Epiphone. with epiphone pricing.

I saw the doobla neck and I am quite enticed by the price, but Im having doubts...a doubleck for $600 brand new with a case?

sounds to me like one crappy axe, but OTH, it could be a steal! [confused]

Check it out

http://www.leviguitars.com/

Guest farnsbarns

BR82ATOBACCOBURST600.jpg

The burst on the tabacco es335 copy looks aweful. I wouldn't trust them, definitely not without holding it in my hands first.

Anybody ever played one of these guits? Theyve got Gibson copies, but more like Epiphone. with epiphone pricing.

I saw the doobla neck and I am quite enticed by the price, but Im having doubts...a doubleck for $600 brand new with a case?

Check it out

is it made out of plywood

Yes you should buy it. Because it's always good to by guitars from illegal Gibson copiers that should be in prison for violating U.S. copyright laws. msp_thumbdn.gif

At least they're labeled as Levi, not trying to pass as a Gibson (though ripping off the design of course, though that's been done a hundred times and legally). that being said I'm not interested.

Yes you should buy it. Because it's always good to buy guitars from illegal Gibson copiers that should be in prison for violating U.S. copyright laws. msp_thumbdn.gif

Your wrong...by a lot. They arent really copying gibson body styles, they might look like them but they arent spot on. Also its not really illegal to copy those body stlyes, look at all the companys worldwide doing it.

It isnt illegal at all.

You really need to stop talking out of your ***.

Your wrong...by a lot. They arent really copying gibson body styles, they might look like them but they arent spot on. Also its not really illegal to copy those body stlyes, look at all the companys worldwide doing it.

It isnt illegal at all.

You really need to stop talking out of your ***.

The reason the other companies around the world are still doing it is because Gibson's copyrights have no effect internationally. Especially in China. And yes they are copying Gibson Body styles. Regardless of whether they're spot on or not their goal is still to make Gibson style guitars out of plywood. And yes it is illegal to copy Gibson's designs which they have patented and copyrighted. You should get your facts straight before you put your fingers on the keyboard buddy.

The reason the other companies around the world are still doing it is because Gibson's copyrights have no effect internationally. Especially in China. And yes they are copying Gibson Body styles. Regardless of whether they're spot on or not their goal is still to make Gibson style guitars out of plywood. And yes it is illegal to copy Gibson's designs which they have patented and copyrighted. You should get your facts straight before you put your fingers on the keyboard buddy.

Which is why there are tons of companys outside of china that have Les Paul and SG styled guitars and are still fine?

And your point is brah? [flapper]

The only time Gibson will give **** about who copys there guitars is when that person make a lot of money out of it, like PRS.

Nope, the US courts decided that the shape isn't copyright or patentable. Gibson lost the lawsuit against PRS on copying the Les Paul shape so as long as they don't' call them "Gibson" they're marginally okay.

I was lookin at the doobla neck.

and I would never betray my beloved 335 [flapper]

...jus sayin [flapper]

Yea, I know it is not what you was inquiring about.

Folks started arguing (or discussing) about copies and such, and FUZZBALL posted that to show what it is in response I thought.

The discussion continued, SO I felt FUZZADELIC'S response was worth a repeat.

Check it out

This reminds me of Hanson guitars (http://www.hansonmusicalinstruments.com/). They are traditionally a pickup maker and recently started selling guitars. The deal is that they have the guitars built overseas and then they finish them in the States (install Hanson pickups and do a setup). Not a bad idea. To me they feel like a high end Epiphone that's been modded.

Guest farnsbarns

Yes you should buy it. Because it's always good to buy guitars from illegal Gibson copiers that should be in prison for violating U.S. copyright laws. msp_thumbdn.gif

Look a bit more carefully, Tman. No laws being violated there.

Archived