Gibson Brands Forums

Here's a Gibson acoustic I've never heard of

jannusguy2

A new one on me too, but maybe that's because it's not really an acoustic, but a "solid-body acoustic" (wth that is) with a hollowed out sound chamber and built in electronics. Here's some info: http://topguitars.info/guitars/view/142/117/default.html

and

http://www.gibson.com/press/usa/pr/Americana.html

I imagine acoustically it sounds like a doorstop.

D.

The Americana series was short lived. I doubt this is a 2009. Maybe closer to 2000.

There were two models in the series. One having the profile of a L-00 and the other a J-45.

Designed as an electro-acoustic with a traditional appearance, but a very thin body. I suppose much

like a Gibson Chet Atkins model. I never saw one to handle or play.

The Americana series was short lived. I doubt this is a 2009. Maybe closer to 2000.

There were two models in the series. One having the profile of a L-00 and the other a J-45.

Designed as an electro-acoustic with a traditional appearance, but a very thin body. I suppose much

like a Gibson Chet Atkins model. I never saw one to handle or play.

Probably just as well they didn't last. Falls under the category of "what were they thinking?".

Take a real good look at that picture. It appears to be something snagged from an ad page, not one taken in the sellers rumpus room.

The specs looks like something cut and pasted from a product page as well. Hmmmmm?

Also, what does "Sell one like this" below the picture mean?

edit:

The pic and specs appears to have been lifted from this page: My link

Not saying this guy ain't legit, but for ebay offerings without original artwork, you should be leary.

Oooh, and zero feedback. Ouch! not looking good for wendywicky.

Take a real good look at that picture. It appears to be something snagged from an ad page, not one taken in the sellers rumpus room.

The specs looks like something cut and pasted from a product page as well. Hmmmmm?

Also, what does "Sell one like this" below the picture mean?

edit:

The pic and specs appears to have been lifted from this page: My link

Not saying this guy ain't legit, but for ebay offerings without original artwork, you should be leary.

Oooh, and zero feedback. Ouch! not looking good for wendywicky.

This does not look good at all. Caveat Emptor.

"Vintage Vibe" - that kinda description gives me a bit of the heebie jeebies kinda like when I hear "blues guitar" or "this guitar is a cannon."

"Lots of mojo" falls into that category as well. "Mojo" usually means that someone has beat the crap out of the guitar. "Cannon" means you're oblivious to the more subtle characteristics of the guitar, but it sounds good if you play it real loud. If I wanted a cannon, I'd buy a 105mm howitzer.

"Lots of mojo" falls into that category as well. "Mojo" usually means that someone has beat the crap out of the guitar. "Cannon" means you're oblivious to the more subtle characteristics of the guitar, but it sounds good if you play it real loud. If I wanted a cannon, I'd buy a 105mm howitzer.

Ah, the old eBay classics, eh?

I love guitar descriptions with these in them, you also get the real gems such as:

Simply the best guitar I have ever played - if that's the case why are you selling it and mentioning it's to buy something else?

Better than my J45 - so why are you keeping your J45 and selling this?

This $200 cannon is as good as any Gibson - OK, would you bet your house on it?

Although a personal favourite of mine was for a sale of Gibson with a cutaway, can't remember the exact model as it was 2-3 years ago. It went along the lines of "I am selling this guitar as quickly as I can as I live with my brother and have just found out he is a heroin addict, I can't take the guitar with me everywhere and I know he will steal it." [scared]

Overshare and a half......

Although a personal favourite of mine was for a sale of Gibson with a cutaway, can't remember the exact model as it was 2-3 years ago. It went along the lines of "I am selling this guitar as quickly as I can as I live with my brother and have just found out he is a heroin addict, I can't take the guitar with me everywhere and I know he will steal it." [scared]

Overshare and a half......

Much more information than I would want to know about the reason for selling.....

Probably just as well they didn't last. Falls under the category of "what were they thinking?".

Yes J45Nick - I remember them coming out on the Gibson website and thinking 'disappointing!'

Archived