Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson plants at nashville and memphis raided?

Thundergod

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Info is online already....

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2011/8/24/nashville_memphis_gibson_plants_raided_again

Nashville, Memphis Gibson plants raided again

RECOMMEND

TWITTER

PRINT

U.S. Fish & Wildlife search factories as part of 'ongoing investigation'

Published August 24, 2011 by J.R. Lind

A Nashville Gibson Guitar factory and another in Memphis were shut down Wednesday as federal agents searched the facilities as part of an "ongoing investigation."

Search warrants were served on officials at the iconic guitar maker by agents from the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. In November 2009, agents similarly descended on Gibson's Massman Road plant, reportedly searching for guitars made with illegally imported rosewood and ebony from the African island nation of Madagascar. That sparked a seizure suit in the U.S. District Court of Middle Tennessee — officially styled U.S. vs. Ebony Wood In Various Forms — as Fish & Wildlife Agents are asking the court to allow the seizure of at least six ebony guitars.

That case is ongoing and a sealed document was entered into the record earlier this month. That often is a sign a further warrant is being sought or additional charges may be brought.

Attempts to reach Gibson for comment were unsuccessful

Raiding the fret blanks again? You know they'd do a lot better job if they went after the source instead of raiding the end of the supply train. Even in the event of innocence I'd imagine the hassle of retrieving and litigation to be overwhelming.

Damn environmentalists and their bull$hit...................................They need to leave Gibson alone and let them build guitars like they should be doing today. Not sitting around because the government has too many laws to know what to do with.

Raiding the fret blanks again? You know they'd do a lot better job if they went after the source instead of raiding the end of the supply train. Even in the event of innocence I'd imagine the hassle of retrieving and litigation to be overwhelming.

See, that would take common sense........

Just Sayin'

rolleyes.gif

WTF.....! WTF has fishing and wildlife got to do with it? Damn Gov,t wants to kill everything American....! Now I said it!!!!.... [cursing]

This! msp_thumbup.gif

Our "government" if that's what you want to call it, does not work how it was intended in the constitution. But since political opinions are not allowed on this forum (which is a fail) I will say no more on the subject.

Oh my gosh!

Has the world gone mad? [scared]

How much of our tax dollars went into this stunt by some over zealous, green-loving bureaucrat trying to save the world one tree at a time and justify to his superiors his existence as a government pleeb? [cursing]

This as well! msp_thumbup.gif

The law is the law... if they break it they deserve to be closed and the people responsible for it to be jailed.

I see people taking sides "$·"% govt, closing Gibson for using illegal wood!" and that's just wrong.

If we had it "your" way there would be no trees left to cut down and build more guitars.

I already have enough and don't plan on buying anything from Gibson in a long time, so it won't hurt me or affect me in any way. [flapper]

Archived