Gibson Brands Forums

Bye bye steve jobs, hello I-gone.

dem00n

hope he gets better

It seems to me he won't and that's the reason for this move. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't gone fairly soon. Pancreatic cancer is a certified *****. Two things occur to me: money can't buy infinite good health and people who would indulge in schadenfreude with respect to Mr. Jobs illness are ******* retards.

i do to. unfortunately, i don't think so: it would take that to make him step down.

In Tim Cook, Apple is in good hands, but few have the personality of Steve: he's the last "Rock Star" CEO.

I hope he can still do the product releases... I never watched em, but I know a lot of people do

It seems to me he won't and that's the reason for this move. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't gone fairly soon. Pancreatic cancer is a certified *****. Two things occur to me: money can't buy infinite good health and people who would indulge in schadenfreude with respect to Mr. Jobs illness are ******* retards.

i knew he was sick i for forgot abount the panreatic cancer thats what dio died of

Islet Cell Neuroendocrine Tumor is what Jobs had in his pancreas, its a less aggressive forum of pancreatic cancer, he was diagnosed with this all the way back in 2004. One of my buddies was diagnosed last year with pancreatic cancer he died 7 months after being diagnosed and it was the worst thing I had ever seen. He had a procedure known as the "Whipple Procedure" to remove the tumor which appeared to be successful, but anyone that knows a thing or two about biology will know the Pancreas is not the most friendly organ to be poked around and stuff its a pretty fragile organ. I am suspecting his deteriorating health is a result of the operation he had. Its a shame we will lose a mind that created so much good for the world of technology, but I think he was pretty much tapped anyways. I mean just releasing the same phones and tablets just with new numbers? I hear an iPhone 5 is slated for this year, what 6 months after you finally start shipping/selling the white iPhone 4?

I'll say this about Apple. After having a three month old Sony VAIO notebook hose its registry trying to set up a new router a couple of years ago, I had finally had enough broken Windows and ordered a MacBook. It arrived the next day. I plugged it in, and immediately fell in love with the touchpad. It is the most intuitive user interface I have ever used.

I used to hang up a PC a couple of times a day. I have hung up my MacBook three times in two years. I added a Mac tower a year ago, and it has never crashed or hung up.

I keep one PC around to run legacy software and manage MS databases, but everything else is all Mac.

My long days on the computer are a true pleasure once again thanks to Steve Jobs.

Archived