Gibson Brands Forums

Classical Guitar/Nylon string guitar.

dem00n

Karen...

I think you'd find it no big deal. Even a $100-300 classical guitar usually is playable. As with any variety of guitar there is a variation in necks and neck "feel," and you're likely to find the wider fingerboard a bit odd. Some AE versions, however, are designed with narrower fingerboards.

I started off that what, and with bare fingers doing the old "bass, 3-string treble" sorta thing. The Carter Family type stuff is pretty easy to emulate with the bare hand.

You should give it a try some day in a guitar store.

m

Cookie...

That reminds me of this pix with my now over-40 niece and a Goya G10 guitar. Needless to say, the pix is a bit old and worn. I only look 12. I think I was 21 or maybe 22 at the time.

<grin>

m

Cookie...

That reminds me of this pix with my now over-40 niece and a Goya G10 guitar. Needless to say, the pix is a bit old and worn. I only look 12. I think I was 21 or maybe 22 at the time.

<grin>

m

The first classical that I played was a friend's Goya. In the early 60's it was considered top=notch. I liked it but when I got my Gibson classical I got to like its louder, cruder sound. And it was built like a Mack truck so it could take the pounding I sometimes gave it.

Archived