Gibson Brands Forums

Here is my LP Studio - need info

Borked bob

Congrats!

Interesting looking Studio.

It appears to be modified I could be wrong though.

I don't know of any Ebony Studios which have Gold Tone knobs, white pickup selector switch and you machine head keystones are really solidly coloured for a standard studio model.

They are usually a bit see through

Your serial number is odd:: 94034421 - YDDDYRRR - according to what you posted it's 94, but there's not 403 days in a year. Double check that number.

Send the serial number to Gibson - service@gibson.com and they should be able to give you the details on it.

Looks like a legit Studio. Unusual for an ebony fretboard. Maybe a special run or exclusive.

Congrats.

Your serial number is odd:: 94034421 - YDDDYRRR - according to what you posted it's 94, but there's not 403 days in a year. Double check that number.

Send the serial number to Gibson - service@gibson.com and they should be able to give you the details on it.

Looks like a legit Studio. Unusual for an ebony fretboard. Maybe a special run or exclusive.

Congrats.

I think 94 is the only year in recent times that the first two numbers are the year.

(check that tho-I'm just spewing from memory)

I think 94 is the only year in recent times that the first two numbers are the year.

(check that tho-I'm just spewing from memory)

Running the serial number told me this:

Guitar Info

Your guitar was made at the

Nashville Plant, TN, USA

, 1994

I seriously wanna know why it has an ebony board though.

Someone suggested that they ran out of rosewood and just grabbed the nearest ebony board to complete the guitar :-k

Archived