Gibson Brands Forums

Touching up a faux pas

saintzband

My SG Supreme was too neck heavy so I relocated the stap button from the neck/body joint to the end of the upper horn. It seemed to help a little. The problem is now I want to sell her as I just don't play her much and I'm sure few will want this alteration. Where can I find Gibson's shade of dark blue paint they used on the backside of a Midnight Blue SG Supreme? I know it's a common color for them b/c I've seen this same shade used on the backs of other blue Gibsons.

Guest rogerb

The touch-up pens were discontinued several years ago. You might check Stewart McDonald,

www.stewmac.com I don't think you will find an exact color match however.

unfortunately I think you'll lose about $200.00 of resale value for moving the strap screw. most buyers wanting higher end Gibby's will cringe at the thought of another hole having been drilled even if it's filled and professionally sprayed to cover it.I would recommend you avoid those nitro pens at all cost.. they are disasters waiting to happen unless you work with nitro for a living and have incredible skill. A guitar this nice deserves a pro finishers attention in my opinion.

unfortunately I think you'll lose about $200.00 of resale value for moving the strap screw. most buyers wanting higher end Gibby's will cringe at the thought of another hole having been drilled even if it's filled and professionally sprayed to cover it.I would recommend you avoid those nitro pens at all cost.. they are disasters waiting to happen unless you work with nitro for a living and have incredible skill. A guitar this nice deserves a pro finishers attention in my opinion.

I tend to agree w/ you....

The touch-up pens were discontinued several years ago. You might check Stewart McDonald,

www.stewmac.com I don't think you will find an exact color match however.

Checked w/ Stewmac and they had no simple fix - just tints to blend by eye and see how close you come. Think it's time to take to a pro luthier.

Archived