Gibson Brands Forums

Overnight price hike on Gibsons

ParlourMan

It may be of interest to some of the EU members but there's been an overnight price-hike on Gibsons on Thomann, roughly 8% added to the price of the guitars, even those in-stock, not just to the models they've been waiting on arriving. Quite disappointing to see they'd apply it to items already in-stock. Mr T just went down in my estimations.....

It is disappointing given they are one of Gibsons best customers and claim to have a business pricinple of massive volume for smaller margins.

Im starting to notice that my local Prague guitar mega shop where I bought the AL SJ is becoming very signficantly cheaper than Thomann. In the case of the HB TV the difference is now 700 Euro ! 2500 vs 3200 eur

PM, let me just place you back on track and remind you youre looking for J-200 ... not HB TV ! ;-)

but in case that fails, here is the link. it is based on order, they dont currently have it in stock, but price is 2500.

http://kytary.cz/gibson-hummingbird-true-vintage/HN103606/

2500 for a TV hummingbird? Interesting, is it a good one? do They ship to Lux?

I would certainly consider a 2nd hand J-200.

Good price... intriguing! ;)

As you say I'm all about the J200 at the minute but the price hike takes them into the realms of a ridiculous price. Over 3k for a Std is edging on a touch too much.

Archived