Gibson Brands Forums

12 String Options?

Danner

There are a couple songs I would like one for, As Tears Go By and Amanda, and maybe a few more.

So anyway, I am looking for suggestions on an affordable 12 string that plays well sounds reasonably good that won't break that bank. Let's say under $1000 for sure and $500 would be great. Don't need electronics.

Thanks for you suggestions.

I have one of these and I like it. Plays good sounds good.

**http://www.ebay.com/itm/Takamine-12-String-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-EG531SSC-12-/300592987040?pt=Guitar&hash=item45fcbcfba0#ht_822wt_1163"]12 string**

Takamine is a good option. I used a F385 for 25 years. It's still in service - I gave it to my son. Used or new, there'll be plenty to choose from in your price range.

I owned one of these for a while, put a LRBaggs iBeam in it and it was one of the best sounding 12 strings I've ever played. I replaced it with a Taylor 12. It has a solid spruce top and some really nice finish touches like the binding on the body and neck is super smooth.

Yamaha FG 720 12 string

DV016_Jpg_Large_519048.010_natural_R.jpg

Wow, that's a nice price. Might just go ahead and get one today.

Thanks...

I would go for a older Guild F212. Guilds remain the most undervalued guitar out there. You can easily snag one in the $800 range. One of the best 12 strings ever made. There is a 1973 F212 up on ebay as we speak.

+1 on old Guild 12 strings!

Archived