Gibson Brands Forums

Ron Wood Special [ Updated]

JuanCarlosVejar

Never mind! The fix looks pretty good -- it doesn't fit properly, just like his!

-- Bob R

Interestingly, it looks to me like the pickguard doesn't fit properly because it may be cut on a Martin pattern, which has a different rosette radius than the Gibson teardrop pickguards. I know this one first-hand, as I've had to modify Martin-pattern pickguards to match Gibson rosettes in the past.

What's the story on that one, Juan Carlos?

That is a stunningly beautiful guitar, by the way.

Interestingly, it looks to me like the pickguard doesn't fit properly because it may be cut on a Martin pattern, which has a different rosette radius than the Gibson teardrop pickguards. I know this one first-hand, as I've had to modify Martin-pattern pickguards to match Gibson rosettes in the past.

What's the story on that one, Juan Carlos?

That is a stunningly beautiful guitar, by the way.

Nick the story as I know it was the guy in oasis (Noel) got the guitar with the double pickguard but he probably felt that

2 guards took down the tone , so he had both replaced with that small teardrop one . This is for my best friend . She's crazy for Oasis .

so I guess this is the ultimate collectors item for an Oasis fan .

well I believe so ...

It's supposed to be but it looks a little dark ( ebony maybe) so i don't know . the specs sheet says rosewood. maybe a dark batch ?

It's probably colored rose then. I would like to try that combination. Once again – the guitar looks smashing and if it sounds as good, lucky you.

Aaarhh, I see it's a present. Your friend must be a huge fan of Noel G. , , , and of you.

Is it a girl ? If yes, maybe you are the fan. . .

It's probably colored rose then. I would like to try that combination. Once again – the guitar looks smashing and if it sounds as good, lucky you.

Aaarhh, I see it's a present. Your friend must be a huge fan of Noel G. , , , and of you.

Is it a girl ? If yes, maybe you are the fan. . .

yes it's a girl . but at least for now we are just best friends . She has a huge collection !!!

she loves NOEL

well I believe so ...

It's supposed to be but it looks a little dark ( ebony maybe) so i don't know . the specs sheet says rosewood. maybe a dark batch ?

Are you talking about the body now, or the board? The board looks ebony to me, like a regular custom. I think the standard J-200 has a rosewood board.

Interestingly, I got a _____ that came out of the _____ shop last year that is spec'd with a rosewood board, but looks suspiciously like ebony, unless ____ has a supply of black, tight-grained rosewood from _____. (names omitted to protect the innocent)

Are you talking about the body now, or the board? The board looks ebony to me, like a regular custom. I think the standard J-200 has a rosewood board.

Interestingly, I got a _____ that came out of the _____ shop last year that is spec'd with a rosewood board, but looks suspiciously like ebony, unless ____ has a supply of black, tight-grained rosewood from _____. (names omitted to protect the innocent)

yes i believe this too . Em7 said that it could be colored rosewood.

The back and sides were flamed maple

top is spruce

Archived