Gibson Brands Forums

The usual questions for a Newbie re: Steinbergers

FrankenSteinberger

...jumping right in with the questions that have likely been ask before... I did scan past records but the past is past and likely there is new info. I know, I'm assuming, however, if anyone out there has insight into where one can find a hardshell case for a Spirit style (not the stick—the double cut-a-way body type). ALSO - a PDF type documentation of the parts, set screw sizes, allen wrench sizes, etc. I bought my little Spirit off ebay about 10 years ago and given that it is not a high-end product, it was perfect to travel with and not worry much about. I baby my es-335 given it's vintage and value (sentimental as well) but the Spirit is a good thrasher yet I still need to maintain it... thus the need for parts and tech info. So, if anyone bothers to read this AND has some input, I'd be most grateful.

email me directly or post here-in

Thanks!!!

I know, I'm assuming, however, if anyone out there has insight into where one can find a hardshell case for a Spirit style (not the stick—the double cut-a-way body type).

Hi F.,

there is only one hardshell case that fits the Spirit GU, and that's the case that has been (!) sold with the Music Yo USA line guitars (GM, GR). These cases rarely appear on ebay and aren't cheap. A good gig bag might be the better choice.

ALSO - a PDF type documentation of the parts, set screw sizes, allen wrench sizes, etc. I bought my little Spirit off ebay about 10 years ago and given that it is not a high-end product, it was perfect to travel with and not worry much about.

Some more specific questions might be required. There is no Spirit manual in PDF format. About the screw and wrench sizes: for setting up the R-Trem (saddles and the grub screw clamping them from the side) you'll need an 1.5 mm hex wrench/Allen key, and a 4 mm hex wrench for the truss rod adjustment. No other screws involved in any setup work.

Bernd

Archived