Gibson Brands Forums

My new SJ is shipping today....

Lefty Guy

Great looking guitar! I'm sure you will be very pleased. As for the case, this is also what comes with the guitars in the True Vintage series. It's built like a tank. I have one for my J-45 True Vintage and would like to find one for my AJ. So if anyone has one for sale/trade or know where I can find one, let me know.

Once again, congratulations on a wonderful guitar!

Lars

Great looking guitar! I'm sure you will be very pleased. As for the case, this is also what comes with the guitars in the True Vintage series. It's built like a tank. I have one for my J-45 True Vintage and would like to find one for my AJ. So if anyone has one for sale/trade or know where I can find one, let me know.

Lars

Lars, you raise an interesting point. I would also like to buy one of these cases for my 1948 J-45. I bought a similar one recently--one of a series that Norman's Rare Guitars (LA) had built as repro Lifton Cali Girl cases, but the detailing on that case (G&G built, not TKL) is not quite as good as the official TKL Gibson cases, and the fit is a bit too tight for my slightly-oversized 1948 guitar.

I'm not sure how you might go about getting a new one through Gibson, but I'd like to try. TKL told me they only make them for Gibson, and won't sell them directly.

Short hi-jack, I have tried to get a hold of the case separately through Gibson and a few of the larger dealers, but no luck. It only sells with the guitar. I know quite a few people don't like the latches and the weight, so maybe eventually I can find someone willing to sell or trade for my regular AJ case.

Now back to admiring the great SJ...

Lars

I almost bought that and am glad you got it. Read about you getting it at leftyfrets.........congrats

Actually the only reason it showed on Jerry's site is that the dealer that sells that exclusive "new" vintage model (Wildwood) won't sell to foreigners, so I got Jerry to order it for me as a custom order & his web people posted the photos. It was never his inventory as I pre-paid for it. Fingers crossed it makes it safely to the UK!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived