Gibson Brands Forums

First time Les Paul owner right here!!!

zachd33

Greetings Zach,

We can all relate to how excited you must be. Even though the wait can seem endless, that period of anticipation is like a drug. Monday, huh? That's not too bad a wait. Hope you enjoy the forum and plan on being active. Standing by for photos.....

What kind of amp do you have? Are you stepping up from an Epiphone with the LP?

Greetings Zach' date='

We can all relate to how excited you must be. Even though the wait can seem endless, that period of anticipation is like a drug. Monday, huh? That's not too bad a wait. Hope you enjoy the forum and plan on being active. Standing by for photos.....

What kind of amp do you have? Are you stepping up from an Epiphone with the LP? [/quote']

Thanx. I've actually been waiting for about a month to save the money, but another weekend won't kill me lol. I have the line 6 spider valve, got a hell of a deal on it. I'm actually going from an Ibanez Rg to the Les Paul. I don't like the feel of the Epiphones, but I am also sick of my Ibanez.

Studio Faded? That's the Vintage Mohagany, right?

BTW' date=' I hope you realize owning Les Paul's are like eating popcorn, once you start, it's next to impossible to stop. So just don't fight it, enjoy it.[/quote']

He's right, just look at his avatar.

I hate waiting for a guitar...especially the night before...that's got to be the absolute worst!

/chuckle gonna be like Christmas when we were kids....

Gratz the new axe... you won't believe how much BETTER you will sound immediately. Even just dragging the pick across the strings will sound like a professional guitar player. They practically play themselves. And OMG the SMELL when you open the case... it's a drug I'm telling you! It's like everything you have ever "always wanted" will seem paltry and insignificant once you hold her.

There, that ought to tortu... I mean build the excitement :D

It's just a few days. Start playing your Ibby now to build up extra callouses, you'll need them when you get the LP. You really won't want to stop playing it!

Chan - maybe you should make a 'how to host photos' post so you don't have to keep typing that every few days?

I think we had an excellent tutorial at one time, but it just fades to the nether pages. It doesn't take long and the results are spectacular.

Archived