Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: Gibson J-150 !

EuroAussie

As some of you know Ive been keeping a quiet eye on Gibson jumbos, in particular the J-150 model which I really fancy for the look (tulips, flower pickguard) tone and also the price.

I came across this beauty in ebay and did the bid.

While I have a strong preferance for sunburst jumbos, I couldnt go past this model, as its in top condition, has a lovelly maple flame, competitive price and also (and I dont believe why more seller dont do this) a sound sample attached.

I always wanted a jumbo with plenty of bass and projection and to my ears this lady delivers tons of it.

To put more icing on the cake I have a friend who will be travellying to Europe in 2 weeks from the US and she will take this guitar with me, hence I miss out on shipping and customs (she will of course pretend its hers). Put all that together and it was a no brainer.

Here's the pics from ebay and also do have a listen to the sound sample on the bottom of the ebay listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-J-150-J-200-FLAME-MAPLE-Natural-/190568530584?pt=Guitar&hash=item2c5ec50298

Now the two week impatient wait begins before she gets over the pond...

Cant wait to play a few cowboy chords, will post more pics when she arrives here in Prague !

Thanks a lot guys and girls, must say this is all very, very exciting !

This is going to be a painful 2 week wait, but I think it will be worth it.

It will be my first guitar purchase without playing, but from the sound sample I think it has a lot of promise.

This will just about complete the Gibson tonewood / size stable.... I think.

Havent told Mrs EA yet .... will have to think of a strategy over the next two weeks. One things for sure there is no more room in the 'guitar corner' of the apartment, so I think the SWD will go off the stand and upstairs to the case. I mainly use it for gigging anyway, so shold be ok, plus this guitar frustrates me a bit as it looses a lot of tone once strings wear down, which is quite fast .....but thats another story.

@ PM, I think next time we play Dakota it will have to be with the J-150 for sure !

Stunning mate.

I saw that and seriously thought about going for it. But i ended up speaking to someone on the forum here about Gibson making discontinued models, so i got in touch with Fullers and am having them get the custom shop to make me a Sunburst J-150 and send it out. 8-10 weeks of torture!

Enjoy.

Well, couple things Id like to say. Firstly, Im really glad you didnt have a go as it would have made my job all the harder, and secondly, a custom made J-150 in sunburst will be an absolute beauty !!

Stunning mate.

I saw that and seriously thought about going for it. But i ended up speaking to someone on the forum here about Gibson making discontinued models, so i got in touch with Fullers and am having them get the custom shop to make me a Sunburst J-150 and send it out. 8-10 weeks of torture!

Enjoy.

Archived