Gibson Brands Forums

Action - How low can it go?

leclark

Hello everyone!

I new here and I'm really close to buying a new ZT3. However I'm real picking abount my action. Right now I play Ibanez RG550's, Jem's and 2 ESP's (M-II and George Lynch Snakes and Skulls). All of these guitars are setup to have the action from the top of 21st or 24th fret (depending on guitar) to the string to be 1/16" (1mm). There is very little buzz and no fret outs. So, can the ZT3 be setup to have the same action with massive buzz or fret outs? Any info would be gratefull!!

Thanks

well, when I bought it the action it is really high. But I adjusted a little bit the truss rod, and lowed the action really low. The result, in my highest fret (24th) the distance is 2mm between fret and string in the low E string. and in the high-pitch E string only 1 mm.

It is the most comfortable guitar to adjust that I've used before.

But seeing the kind of guitar you like I don't think that the sound will fit you, I had to change my pickups because the one's that weas the guitar are really bad for distortion. And well, I didn't like them the sound , I am mostly a metal rock player. Another thing is that the pickups in ZT3 (I've felt really disapointed) are kramer.

Well, I wish I've helped you, the pickups I use now are DiMarzzio AT-1 (bridge) and PAF Joe (neck)

post-29784-036931300 1314964633_thumb.jpg

Archived